Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 159
  1. #91
    WolfPackOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Roswell, Ga
    Hammock
    Cheap and Too Small
    Tarp
    Leaky and Useless
    Insulation
    Fruit of the Loom
    Posts
    26
    @smkymts @jb_outdoors,
    I have a place on Bearwallow Mountain and often using repeaters 146.64 and Greenville's 146.61. Wonder if we've ever connected, K4EHD here. I'm a rookie at Ham as well and only using an HT for now. Perhaps in addition to picking up more hammock knowledge I can pick up some hamming from ya'll. Looks to be an educational hang for me.

    WP1

  2. #92
    Tacoma96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Posts
    2,674
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyAmos View Post
    I will be leading the lollygagging activities. For those who don't know.... cool mountain stream runs through the camp. Bring an empty mesh bag and a length of line so you can cool a 6 pack in the creek.
    Perfectly qualified Chuck 😂😂
    Straight out of Clayton.

    Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

    I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

  3. #93
    Slugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lancaster, SC
    Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Posts
    1,007
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by smkymtns View Post
    I would be up for the hike on Saturday, but will be making a detour up Cedar Rock Mtn to hang out for a while and do some ham radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_outdoors View Post
    Fellow ham here, are you making a SOTA run or just doing some impromptu portable stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfPackOne View Post
    @smkymts @jb_outdoors,
    I have a place on Bearwallow Mountain and often using repeaters 146.64 and Greenville's 146.61. Wonder if we've ever connected, K4EHD here. I'm a rookie at Ham as well and only using an HT for now. Perhaps in addition to picking up more hammock knowledge I can pick up some hamming from ya'll. Looks to be an educational hang for me. WP1

    Cool! W4BIX here....I may have to tag along!
    Retired US Navy, 7-year colon cancer survivor



  4. #94
    jb_outdoors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfPackOne View Post
    @smkymts @jb_outdoors,
    I have a place on Bearwallow Mountain and often using repeaters 146.64 and Greenville's 146.61. Wonder if we've ever connected, K4EHD here. I'm a rookie at Ham as well and only using an HT for now. Perhaps in addition to picking up more hammock knowledge I can pick up some hamming from ya'll. Looks to be an educational hang for me.

    WP1
    I sold off most of my gear to help finance my move back to WNC from Florida. Waiting until we have a proper house with some property for antennas before investing in the hobby again, but I've got an HT I can bring along to futz around with. When I was active I primarily did VHF packet and HF CW (NC4JB btw). I'm keen to get into SOTA now that we're back in the mountains but I need some backpacking antenna ideas and I'm hoping smkymts has some thoughts in that domain

    Looks like I'll be getting in sometime Saturday morning. Happy to help carry anything from the parking lot and setup/take down tarps. I've got a very cheap 9x10 tarp I can bring if that helps at all.
    Last edited by jb_outdoors; 07-14-2021 at 08:03.
    -- Josh

    "Courage, mon ami! Le Diable est mort!"

  5. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mt. Gilead NC
    Hammock
    WB ELDORADO
    Tarp
    HG WinterPlace
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix /Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    69
    If someone is going up Thursday and will be near Mt Pleasant Hardware. I will send a 20x30 up. I plan on coming up Friday debating Thursday after work but not sure about that.
    Just let me know if you plan to pick it up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #96
    Slugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lancaster, SC
    Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Posts
    1,007
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPY23 View Post
    If someone is going up Thursday and will be near Mt Pleasant Hardware. I will send a 20x30 up. I plan on coming up Friday debating Thursday after work but not sure about that.
    Just let me know if you plan to pick it up.
    Dennis - do we need this tarp? If so it wouldn't be a problem for me to swing by & pick this up from Chappy on Thursday...
    Retired US Navy, 7-year colon cancer survivor



  7. #97
    Slugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lancaster, SC
    Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Posts
    1,007
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_outdoors View Post
    I sold off most of my gear to help finance my move back to WNC from Florida. Waiting until we have a proper house with some property for antennas before investing in the hobby again, but I've got an HT I can bring along to futz around with. When I was active I primarily did VHF packet and HF CW (NC4JB btw). I'm keen to get into SOTA now that we're back in the mountains but I need some backpacking antenna ideas and I'm hoping smkymts has some thoughts in that domain.
    I've never done SOTA as I have an old boat anchor (Kenwood TS-820S from the 70's) and an Icom 7300. Not exactly portable. I did operate a couple years ago during a group hang at Medoc Mtn with my 7300 and a 12V battery and it was fun (myself and AA2FD) - but that was car camping - not backpacking!
    Retired US Navy, 7-year colon cancer survivor



  8. #98
    Phantom Grappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Denton NC
    Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Posts
    4,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Dennis - do we need this tarp? If so it wouldn't be a problem for me to swing by & pick this up from Chappy on Thursday...
    Will we need more rope?
    Or do we have enough rope ?
    Who is bringing rope?

    I have just about zero skills, pitching these larger tarpsóbig blue...son of blue
    Now is bout time to learn

  9. #99
    Senior Member tom_tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Archdale,NC
    Hammock
    Dutch chameleon
    Tarp
    Hg dcf 12 winter
    Insulation
    Cro 20 set
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Posts
    122
    Far as I know me and ponyo will making hike up
    Not all those who wander are lost

  10. #100
    Tacoma96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Posts
    2,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Dennis - do we need this tarp? If so it wouldn't be a problem for me to swing by & pick this up from Chappy on Thursday...
    That would be Perfect. Answer yes
    Straight out of Clayton.

    Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

    I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. WNC> 8th Annual John Rock Hang July 21-23 2017
      By Foxpoop in forum Southeast
      Replies: 269
      Last Post: 05-31-2020, 17:30
    2. Replies: 244
      Last Post: 07-29-2019, 15:55
    3. WNC>9th Annual John Rock Hang: July 20-22 2018
      By Foxpoop in forum Southeast
      Replies: 360
      Last Post: 07-23-2018, 08:00
    4. WNC 8th Annual John Rock Hang July 21-23 2017
      By Foxpoop in forum Trip Reports
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: 08-20-2017, 16:45
    5. WNC> 7th Annual John Rock Hang July 20-24 2016
      By Foxpoop in forum Southeast
      Replies: 229
      Last Post: 06-05-2017, 09:51

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •