I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Toted and used mine on this trip. Enjoyed it and speak to it throughout video.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    I'm really curious how it'll fit between the legs of a Tensa 4 stand, the suspension length looks good as opposed to a Ridgerunner's suspension length.
    It fits. There’s already a photo in the product gallery.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Thanks for the detailed video.

Sad to see some of the QC issues and the single zip is kind of dumb, how much extra would it be to use a double one initially.

Still I'm thinking of buying one but I'd like to hear if your QC issues are a one-off or more common to all hammocks.

I don't mind the small trap, prop it open with a couple of Bugogears tarp poles I have and then button it down for the night. I'm moto camping so if the weather looks that bad I'll motel it for a night.

I'm really curious how it'll fit between the legs of a Tensa 4 stand, the suspension length looks good as opposed to a Ridgerunner's suspension length.
    I do like how short the suspension length is I think it will be pretty easy to find trees for it. I may have to make a custom tarp for it one of these days. I hope the company gets back with me, I've sent them a link to the video, I'd like to have some dialogue about what I've seen so that they can fix them on the production side.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Toted and used mine on this trip. Enjoyed it and speak to it throughout video.
    Shug
    Thanks Shug, that video is what pushed me to pull the trigger on the XL model. You're doing God's work for the hammock community.

Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but it looks like it's the NON-XL version of it, I couldn't really tell. I have a tensa, maybe I'll give it a go one of these days, however right not the mosquitos are so crazy I'm afraid to go outside.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Good video.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Haven tent (soon)
    Tarp
    Hilleberg UL10
    Insulation
    Pad (soon)
    Suspension
    Strap and carabine
    Images
    Thanks for the video, great job!

Man I wish I saw this video before I ordered my haven XL,
    But then again, their product just ticks so many boxes… guess I would still have ordered it anyway.

I’m very interested to see how you’ll be taken care of by Haven and even more to hear more about your experience with the Haven XL.

After my purchase (in European store) I found out the American offered more stuff, like the whoopie slings. Tried to reach out to them, but Unfortunately, they have not replied to my mail yet.

Thanks again and have a great summer! Cheers

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    A couple days ago I say an ebay posting for a Haventent. It was so high priced that I checked it out. Then I saw that it was located in Japan and I understood why they were asking double what I could buy a new one for. I've seen the same situation with Scheerhorn dobros from Japan. Today I got one of those "special offers" from ebay for $29 less than the asking price. But what piqued my interest was there was an ad at the bottom for what looked like a Haventent for $60. Having my suspicions aroused I checked it out and what do you know, a Chinese knockoff. Who would have thunk it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30407373607...Cclp%3A2047675

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Good video.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Charlie View Post
    Thanks for the video, great job!

Man I wish I saw this video before I ordered my haven XL,
    But then again, their product just ticks so many boxes… guess I would still have ordered it anyway.

I’m very interested to see how you’ll be taken care of by Haven and even more to hear more about your experience with the Haven XL.

After my purchase (in European store) I found out the American offered more stuff, like the whoopie slings. Tried to reach out to them, but Unfortunately, they have not replied to my mail yet.

Thanks again and have a great summer! Cheers
    Thank you. I've also not had much luck with emailing them. They responded pretty quickly to my first email just to say they were unable to watch the video due to their location and cell service but sounded very interested in hearing about the issues, but then I haven't heard from them since. I may try to open a new "ticket" to get back on the top of the stack rather than reply to the previous email. Hope you get a good one... the issues aren't that bad but they can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    A couple days ago I say an ebay posting for a Haventent. It was so high priced that I checked it out. Then I saw that it was located in Japan and I understood why they were asking double what I could buy a new one for. I've seen the same situation with Scheerhorn dobros from Japan. Today I got one of those "special offers" from ebay for $29 less than the asking price. But what piqued my interest was there was an ad at the bottom for what looked like a Haventent for $60. Having my suspicions aroused I checked it out and what do you know, a Chinese knockoff. Who would have thunk it.
    They seem to have a history of fighting knock-offs since the beginning. But that's the risk you run when the shop is offshore. Thanks for the link. I wish they offered a made in the USA version...honestly don't know why they can't??
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    Today I got one of those "special offers" from ebay for $29 less than the asking price. But what piqued my interest was there was an ad at the bottom for what looked like a Haventent for $60. Having my suspicions aroused I checked it out and what do you know, a Chinese knockoff. Who would have thunk it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30407373607...Cclp%3A2047675
    I read somewhere that even though the hammock they offer looks like a Haven, when it's finally delivered it's just a cheap gathered end hammock.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Do you know if it is an XL that is pictured by any chance?

edit: OK I do see at the bottom of your pic that it is an XL

So that's good, it just clears the spreader bars, It was mentioned that for a nice lay the head end needed to be about 12" higher than the foot end, wonder how that affects the stability?
    Last edited by Danalex; 07-31-2021 at 09:18.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I read somewhere that even though the hammock they offer looks like a Haven, when it's finally delivered it's just a cheap gathered end hammock.
    I think that was probably me and my experience with the Chicom knockoffs. I contested the item via Paypal and received a full refund plus the GE netted hammock. I offered it and a RBTR hammock for free, but that violated some rule or the other. Cut up the RBTR for the material for a 90 degree hammock I just finished. That will probably be the same fate for the Chicom hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12