HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up 50° " Ugly Quilt" TQ from Hemlock Mountain Outdoors..

Here's the latest addition to my collection :

Mine is a custom short 60" so it comes to just above my shoulders. He makes them in snap or sewn footbox and they are all made from Hyper D. They are super affordable, well made cottage quilts, and so far Im extremely impressed with it. Also, If you decide to order a quilt, hammock or anything else from the site use the code " Chesapeake " at checkout for 10% off your order!!! I've also got a ton of other new content on my YouTube channel - Chesapeake Hammock and Outdoors " , lots of cool hammock and other camping/ outdoor gear and even a few *gulp* tents! Go check it out and drop a comment to two! So, what do you guys think of this " Ugly Quilt " ! Does it pass the rigorous HF muster? Lol

https://www.youtube.com/c/Chesapeake...Outdoors/about

https://hemlockmountainoutdoors.com/
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 08-23-2021 at 07:45.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Tribe, RBTR AH, GTUL
    Insulation
    AHE, Snugpak
    Suspension
    June Bugs, webbing
    Thank you for this review! How did you request the custom length (email, note at checkout)? I use a Nemo Puffin blanket in warmer weather, but its makeshift footbox unbuttons too easily for me, so this UglyQuilt is intriguing. Thanks again for this video review.
    Find your inner hammock.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Thanks for watching, glad I could help! Iirc I just sent Kurt an email and he got back to me super fast. At the time, he didn't have the camo option posted either so he just sent me a PayPal invoice for the extra $10. Be warned though, he does make everything to order and due to being such a small business, that means ordering the fabric separately for each order once he receives it. That does tend to lengthen the time, but not nearly as long as the other cottage vendors right now.

So far Im extremely happy with this quilt and have used it every night since I hang full time. I really like how its not tapered at all, which makes it perfect for a summer quilt. Im sure he could narrow it if you wanted a low temp rating though, he's very easy to work with. I also got 2 of his handmade canvas pouches and they are equally as nice: one in coyote, the other camo, both are orange inside so its easier to find things in low light or use to signal if necessary. Don't forget to use my code at checkout for your discount, which makes them even more affordable! ~ Chesapeake
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Oh, I will also be doing a review soon on the Snugpak Paratex sleeping bag liner. Its ultra breathable and wicking : perfect for warm weather and could easily be modified into a TQ shape ( which I've done with a few of their other liners, video on my channel)
    ~ Chesapeake

• + New Posts