Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I've got 3 of the Exped mats, they're really nice. I used them in my hammock until I made my under quilts. The Exped hammock is another story. Never seen one. They do sell the Scout Exped hammock over on Campmor.com but the skeeter net is sold seperate (not attached!!) So I'm not even sure if the one you're talking about is the same as that one???
    TinaLouise

Hammock
    Mayan, Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Downmat
    Downmat DLX is great in a Hammock. Almost like a water bed hammock. Kind of heavy though. The short DM (with some shoulder foam) is good in a Hennessy as it does not obstruct the ******* hole.

I would like to check out alot of Exped's stuff. The combi hammock, their Mountain Pro backpack, the poncho/liner. The forum needs more European members to give us intel.

That hammock sounds interesting; double layer, sewn in bug net, zipper, sleeves at both ends to insert trekking poles, four tie outs to stretch the hammock body.

Cannibal is right. Strange the only good picture shows the thing on the ground.

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    $55 at Summit Hut in Az.
    http://www.summithut.com/products/scout-hammock46/
    Specs 11.6 oz.

$75 for I guess the hammock + m.net or maybe its just the m.net, the web page is a little unclear. The net is checked but the description covers both the hammock and the net together. Spec 20.8 oz

http://www.summithut.com/products/scout-hammock/

The Exped N.A. web page has a link with several places where you can purchase their products, I can't link to the dealer page directly, just click the "where to get it link" link on the left.

http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_na.nsf

If you download the Exped catalog , on page 69, they list 2 hammocks, the Scout at 11.6 oz and the Scout DLX at 19.8 oz and the Mosquito net at 17.8 oz

On page 68 of the catalog they list a Scout Hammock Combi, = hammock, net and tarp , as hammock + cord 40.6 oz , tarp + guy lines 19.4 oz , pack sack 1 oz, all packed 61 oz.

I did not see the combi at the Summit Hut put perhaps one of the other listed dealers carries it.

fwiw

Hammock
    Not sure yet!
    Tarp
    Working on it
    Insulation
    Something Warm
    Suspension
    Still learning
    Does anyone have any experience with seperate bug nets? Do they drape underneath and seal off with a zip? I've only been considering one piece hammocks.

Hammock
    Mayan, Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Downmat
    Have not used one myself, but here is a link to a discussion on the Exped one. Check out Warbonnet's.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ighlight=exped

Hammock
    Mayan, Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Downmat
    Does anybody know what the deal is with Exped anyway? Are they some splinter fraction of Outdoor Research or what?

A non-compete clause would explain why 90% of their stuff is only available over seas.

Fishtar, that pic isn't the hammock sitting on the ground. Exped lumps their bivy bags, hammocks, and ponchos into a single product category. That's a pic of one of their bivy bags. Great marketing, eh? "Scout Hammock Combi" is also a REALLY bad name for the product since it makes it sound like you're getting a combo-pack of their scout hammock and a bugnet.

Nobody in North America seems to be selling/distributing the Scout Hammock Combi which is weird since everybody including REI, Campmor, etc have their pads. Maybe AHE needs to start distributing it!

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtar View Post
    Does anybody know what the deal is with Exped anyway? Are they some splinter fraction of Outdoor Research or what?

A non-compete clause would explain why 90% of their stuff is only available over seas.
    The parent company is Exped AG , based in Zurich, Switzerland . Started in 1997 according to the information here:

http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped...E?opendocument

Near the bottom of this page is a bit about Exped LLC, the N.American subsidiary.

http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped...E?openframeset

And back to the tread topic. Here is a link to a 6 page , 180 kb file , section of their catalog which covers their hammocks and a few other items.

http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_int.nsf/0/399a204fc72dff37c125708f002aa6f7/$FILE/Hammocks_Bivybags_Ponchos_10.pdf

( hmmm - not sure why the above doesn't show as a web link, but copy and paste it in a url bar and it will open or give you the option to save the pdf file.
    D

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    HHmmmmm...someone needs to post some pics of this bad boy in action
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    OR was the distributor for Exped in the US until late last year when they decided to go back to being their own brand. I personally own and/or have used several pieces of their gear, and I can't say enough good things about them. Unfortunately their hammocks are not one of the pieces of gear I've owned, used, or know anyone that's used them.

edit: I'm not sure who's distributing for Exped or if they're doing it themselves. I'll ask the OR rep next time I see him.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast