Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock - Tropical
    Tarp
    S to S Tarp Poncho
    Insulation
    Mont Sleeping Bags
    Images
    They are awesome. Sooooooo good. Better than sleeping on a bed. But they are heavy, being 1kg. With being so heavy it will probably cause more back problems than prevent. Great quality though. If I ever tent I use one.
    Cocksy from Down Under

http://www.seqhistory.com

Hammock
    DIY Gathered end, Exped Scout Combi
    Tarp
    one of 4
    Insulation
    IX UQ or custom UQ
    Suspension
    webbing+dyneema
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdog View Post
    Sorry for the delay, heres the photos of the Exped Scout Hammock Combi.
    There very spacius and a very sweet hang. As you can tell by photos one can lay flat. Little heavyer then some but worth it for durablite and usablte. If anyone has any other questions I will try to answer them for you. Injoy !
    Fourdog - can I please ask you if the tarp in your pictures is the one included in the combi? According to their catalog the tarp included in the Combi is 3.5m x 1.5m (138'' x 59'') which 'feels' like an awkward size - quite long but far too narrow. The one in your pics look much wider than 59''.

many thanks,
    seg

Hammock
    Exped combo, exped basic
    Tarp
    DYI, six sided
    Insulation
    foam refletex,
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seg1959 View Post
    Fourdog - can I please ask you if the tarp in your pictures is the one included in the combi? According to their catalog the tarp included in the Combi is 3.5m x 1.5m (138'' x 59'') which 'feels' like an awkward size - quite long but far too narrow. The one in your pics look much wider than 59''.

many thanks,
    seg
    Seg;
    Your right it is a much wider then the standerd tarp that comes with it .
    I find it to narrow. It's well made but to narrow to be practical.

fourdog

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    I just picked up a exped myself from ebay. comes with separate net, tree huggers with biners and separate mosi net. All for 80 bucks.

Youtube Video of the Hammock

Hello users!

I own a Exped Scout Hammock combi. I'm using it since about a year now. I've experianced some realy havy storms with it, and I can tell you it was the only hammock which still was dry after the storm. It's quality is realy good in my oppinion. I've made a few videos on youtube if you're interested: in the first video you can see the original scout hammock combi. In the second video you can see the Hammock (only the hammock) from the scout hammock combi but with the scout tarp extreme from exped. I like to have a bigger tarp with me, just in case I wont be able to hang up the hammock so I have a shelter. In the third video you can see the set up of the scout hammock with the scout tarp extreme. Hopefully I will be able to make an other set up video with the original scout hammock combi soon. There are some little mistakes in the set up video, sorry I was exited in my first youtube video If you have any questions, just ask!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FvNVdp3_UM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qJpQ8S-92U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieGcIpBdp28

You can turn the hammock up-side-down if you don't wanna use the mosquito net. At the end, the hammock is like "tide together" so you can take out the cords at the end and flatten it out on the ground so can use the hammock like a tend (you will need some poles to tennsion the mosquito net). The hammock has 3 channels integrated in the mosquito net where you can put in some branches so the mosquito net won't touch your face while sleeping in it. The good thing about the hammock is you don't have to tie knots, because it has an self tietening system (you can see that in the set up video). It also comes with 4 cords just in case you need a longer cord (just tie two cords together and you will have a long one). It has two little pockets inside where you can stow little things. It has a double bottom where you can put in a insulating mat (the exped mats fit well, I actually own a Syn mat 7 but I think other brands should also fit). The original tarp ist tied to the two cords at the end of the hammock which you tie to the tree. So if you hang up your hammock, the tarp is automaticly set up too. It has one zipper and it goes from one end to the other of the hammock. I personaly think that the original tarp is a little small. I mean not too small, but if it's raining it's pretty stressful to undress under the tarp before you get in the hammock. But as I already told you it's a realy good tarp. Not one drop of water came in even in realy bad weather (wind and rain from the side).

Ok that's enough for now sorry for my bad English!

Take care
    Last edited by stifi81; 10-06-2010 at 09:29.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345