I finally finished my top quilt. Sorry, the pictures aren't all that descriptive, but at least you can't see the terrible sewing job on the seams. It works though, although I haven't tested it yet. I bought the fabric at Wally World for $1.50 a yrd. I weighed the fabric at work, and it came out to 1.1 oz per sq yrd. Now I am glad I bough the whole bolt for future projects . I bought the XP from Thruhiker. I used a layer of the 5 oz and a layer of the 2.5 oz in hopes of a 20F temp rating. I pretty much copied sclittlefield's quilt he shows on his blog with the exception of the taper. The quilt is 72 inches long (I am 5'11' so it is long enough) 60 inches wide at the head end, and around 45 inches at the foot. Instead of tapering both side of the foot end, I just cut out the piece for the foot box on one side, and then cut a diagonal line on that same side. So I guess you can call it an assym quilt . I weighed it at work and it came out to 1017.5 grams or about 2.25 lbs with no stuff sack. I still need to sew the stuff sack.
As you can tell, I had a little help with the picture taking.