WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    SWT+full ridgeline
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-season
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Go with the HH Explorer and utilize REI's generous return policy if it doesn't work out for you.
    Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand - Robert Hunter

I'm 6'4", 210 lbs. While I haven't tried any of the commercially made hammocks, my advice is to make sure whatever you decide on is at least 10' long and has a structural ridgeline of about 100" give-or-take. I've made several DIYs and anything shorter than about 9 1/2' has been less comfortable than I'm willing to use.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    The Bayer was (sad to say) a poor choice for you. Me being only 5' 7" it was too short for me to get comfy in. My current hammock is 9' long & at the lower limit (length wise) of comfort for me, by my admittedly poor math skills, a "Minimal length" for you hammock would be around 10' long. OR, much longer than a Bayer.
    I think an ENO or Warbonnet should fit you fine.

Be prepared to fuss with the way an ENO hangs, the Warbonnet is pretty good out of the package, but,,,,,

Anyway, don't just try one night. Search: ridgeline length, Sag, adjustment & other similar terms here at HF for a complete discussion of fine tuning your set up.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Quote Originally Posted by spursfiend View Post
    I'm 6'4", 210 lbs. While I haven't tried any of the commercially made hammocks, my advice is to make sure whatever you decide on is at least 10' long and has a structural ridgeline of about 100" give-or-take. I've made several DIYs and anything shorter than about 9 1/2' has been less comfortable than I'm willing to use.
    Thanks for that advice on the lengths and ridgeline sizes ~ we are similar in stature.

Now Debating between JRB BMBH or Warbonnet BB

Thanks Doctari, you're right on the Bayer being a poor choice (it was so small and so cheap that I thought what the heck?) My short friend did fine in his but I just couldn't get it to work.

"I think an ENO or Warbonnet should fit you fine. Be prepared to fuss with the way an ENO hangs, the Warbonnet is pretty good out of the package, but"

Yeah, I have read about and looked at the great graphic image someone did about getting the right amount of sag and such. Based on the logically percieved annoyance of the bottom entry and lack of zipper on the HH as well as the overwhelming support for the WB BB, I am prepared to fork out the cash and buy a Blackbird. I'm now debating between it and the equally priced JRB bridge hammock. Both cost almost exactly the same and are currently both in stock... It is a debate... I like the WB BB for looks and how highly everyone praises it, yet the perfectly flat bridge style and dimensions of the JRB (which is 81" from foot to head) seems like a gaurantee of simple flat sleeping and the underside pouch would make sliding my thermarest in a breeze. I'm happy to see that 2QZQ offers a zipper mod for the JRB which I would probably have done when I get back from Hawaii.

Decisions, decisions...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12