WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch

Dutchware Banyan pole bridge buttons

Does anyone have a photo they can share of the protectors sold at hangcon? I heard some were for sale; haven't seen anything online so don't know if it was just a test run or not.
    Last edited by Mescript; 01-29-2024 at 22:07.

Hammock
    Banyan Bridge or Haven
    Tarp
    Dutchware Xenon
    Insulation
    LocoLibre, UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I would like to know as well.

Images
    I guess there's not a lot of overlap between Hammockforums members and people with CAD and 3D printing experience, despite both groups having a lot of presence in DIY/maker activities.

These would be very simple parts to model and print; I am surprised at the slow response to the interest in having these.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon or Banyan
    Tarp
    DW Custom
    Insulation
    HG! or JRB
    Suspension
    SpiderPoly Beetle
    If you can't track down the dedicated buttons, I found these at my local hardware store. I just took the bar in and got some of these that fit the nubs:

Click image for larger version.

Conical Tap Washers.jpg
    Conical Tap Washers that fit the pole ends tightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mescript View Post
    Does anyone have a photo they can share of the protectors sold at hangcon? I heard some were for sale; haven't seen anything online so don't know if it was just a test run or not.

Hammock
    WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    There use to be a company called frugal innovations that sold bridge buttons that fit the ridge runner perfectly without slipping out of the amsteel. I was hoping something similar would be developed for the banyan. The conical rubber washers can be lost unlike the bridge buttons that are retained by the amsteel. Not sure if a bit of glue would help but I just don't want to worry about losing it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    There use to be a company called frugal innovations that sold bridge buttons that fit the ridge runner perfectly without slipping out of the amsteel.
    Fugal Innovations had a website, but it's now gone. Of course I just lost one of my bridge buttons recently so ...

Dutch I hope you're listening; this is a clear unmet customer need in the marketplace and we're waiting for an opportunity to give you our money.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Images
    There use to be a company called frugal innovations that sold bridge buttons that fit the ridge runner perfectly without slipping out of the amsteel. I was hoping something similar would be developed for the banyan. The conical rubber washers can be lost unlike the bridge buttons that are retained by the amsteel. Not sure if a bit of glue would help but I just don't want to worry about losing it.
    The redesigined Ridgerunner with the pole tips going through spliced "eyes" in the Amsteel allows the buttons to be semi-permanently installed. Fugal is gone, but NAMA Gear sells a version that can install that way on the RR. https://www.namagear.com/product-page/pole-guardz

The Banyan though, is more similar to the original RR design, in that the pole tips go through holes in the metal endplates that the suspension attaches to. So I'm not sure how you'd leave buttons permanently installed on the Banyan, unless they were designed to somehow clip onto the metal plate and stay there. If one was willing to drill some extra holes in the endplates (they are titanium), the buttons could have a couple small posts that would fit through those holes and then be "heatstaked" with a soldering iron from the backside so they would stay in place (until the heatstake posts eventually break off).

When I get a chance, I intend to 3D model a design that will work for the Banyan, thought probably not for permanent attachment. My thought is to have an undercut cavity on the backside of the button that the user can pop a standard sized o-ring (not sure what size yet) into, so that the friction of o-ring will help keep the button on the pole tip when in use. I'm not looking to start an ultra-niche small business or anything, but I would upload the .stl file onto Thingiverse and/or Creality for free download by anybody who has access to print them.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 02-02-2024 at 09:53.

Hammock
    WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    The Banyan though, is more similar to the original RR design, in that the pole tips go through holes in the metal endplates that the suspension attaches to. So I'm not sure how you'd leave buttons permanently installed on the Banyan, unless they were designed to somehow clip onto the metal plate and stay there.
    I was looking at doing something similar with some moldable plastic I have that would clip on but can't figure out a way to keep it retained when the poles are not attached. I don't want to worry about losing pieces.

Images
    I took a swing at it. Uploaded at the links below, but I will revise if I can think of any better ideas.
    https://www.crealitycloud.com/model-...12c0a97f259a11
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6462578

The o-ring is a #5 (5/16 OD x 3/16 ID) that can be bought in a package from Home Depot.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...6800/318763581

Last edited by cmc4free; 02-02-2024 at 09:07.

Having the end cap be tethered to the plate somehow would be a good option. You can pop them off and they stay attached to the hammock so they don’t get lost.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast