To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    I read somewhere where a guy added a length of tubing on each side to lengthen the stand 12-14-16" something like that & said it worked good. Going to have to look it up again as I have a RR & stand for a few years. Tried setup once with the RR & seen it don't work perfect. Info is out there somewhere. You have to lengthen your ridge line of course.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    So BillyBob58 - you used a RidgeRunner with the Tensa4? Did it take a little finagling to get the angles right to work with the spreader bars? Were you lower than usual - if you had trees - off the ground? I've seen lots of videos of the Tensa4 with GE hammocks but not so many with the RidgeRunner or other bridges.
    It works...and yes, A little finagling. Take heed together the spreader bar on head end so it is not contacting the Tensa 4.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    Maybe I'm just old like a lot of y'all but I like the forum for communication and general updates on what is going on. I hate Fakebook for info. Maybe I just don.t get it! BTW.. I like the pc as opposed to the phone for entries.

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    See page 1 for original comment.

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    Getting the wife to cold weather camp with you
    1. Get a double Chamelion. We will get a winter cover for next year.
    2. Keep her warm.
    3. Get a hot tent so you and your honey will stay warm together.
    4. Snuggle up and watch movies or whatever...
    5. Enjoy!!

20230311_063426.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    While this thread has been hijacked from the original question, I think there is a lot to be gained by discussing the strengths and weaknesses of this forum. It certainly needs a bit of organizational maintenance.
    The original question was "Is hammock camping as popular as it was 5-10 years ago?" TominMN unless you just wanted to read 7 pages of YES and NO
    I think the discussion here is on topic. It shows this forum is not dead folks are expressing their ideas and no one has gotten out of line as far as the rules go.

We are smaller and we do let things slide a bit off topic but it never goes too far off. I want to thank everyone who has joined in this discussion. Big talks like this used to happen daily around here.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    The original question was "Is hammock camping as popular as it was 5-10 years ago?" TominMN unless you just wanted to read 7 pages of YES and NO
    I think the discussion here is on topic. It shows this forum is not dead folks are expressing their ideas and no one has gotten out of line as far as the rules go.

We are smaller and we do let things slide a bit off topic but it never goes too far off. I want to thank everyone who has joined in this discussion. Big talks like this used to happen daily around here.
    Actually, this thread side-tracked into "Why has participation on HF decreased?" That's what I considered to be a bit of hijacking. That is indeed different than what are folks observing out there in terms of hammock campers and, related to that, how much gear is being purchased.

Of course there has to be room for sliding. What fun would it be without it?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I know some have managed to get the WBRR working with the Tensa 4, I am just not one of them, YET! But, I have had spectacular success using 1/2 of the Tensa 4 along with 1 tree and any and all hammocks. Easy Peasy.
    I’ve not understood the difficulty with Tensa4 and WBRR, but keep hearing about trouble. We did have trouble with JustBill’s Big Guy bridges, so developed this method that also applies to WBRR:

https://youtu.be/QBtqD4noVio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Excellent Video. I bookmarked it in a heartbeat. Time to make some equalizing dogbones. And maybe cross post this in the Tensa4Outdoors sub-section, if it isn't there already.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    I’ve not understood the difficulty with Tensa4 and WBRR, but keep hearing about trouble. We did have trouble with JustBill’s Big Guy bridges, so developed this method that also applies to WBRR:

https://youtu.be/QBtqD4noVio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Excellent Video. I bookmarked it in a heartbeat. Time to make some equalizing dogbones. And maybe cross post this in the Tensa4Outdoors sub-section, if it isn't there already.
    I have not had trouble either, as long as I separate the feet (in a head to foot direction), or by using just 2 poles + 1 tree. Either way allows for plenty of room for the long suspension of the WBRR, with out the bars hitting the posts. Also, in various ways, I can anchor the feet to the ground, which keeps them from sliding towards the middle.

Where my trouble comes is:
    1: trying to use the stand(and WBRR) with all 4 feet attached normally, and without a tree. As shown in Shug's pic from above. I have never quite worked that one out yet, but I have not worked real hard at it either. I am going to try again though, once I get my WBRR back. Right now it is just to easy for me to flop down in my SG insulated and not worry about it. And/or
    2: I most often like to set up on my back porch. If trying to use the stand with the feet separated( as in the video above from Latherdome ) providing enough anchors when I am on a hard surface aka my back porch can be quite the problem. In the back yard, no problem. On the hard surface of my back porch, a fair sized problem.

So, unless going to my grassy back yard or a campground, I admit I tend to give up pretty quick and just switching to SG or at least a shorter bridge hammock( AKA JRB ). Especially when trying to use the hammock stand in the normal fashion, with it's feet joined together and only one a strong foot anchor. Like in Shug's picture.

This picture is with my DIY, before I got my store bought version. Worked like a charm, still does:

In this picture, the stand's 4 feet are still attached but I let 2 of the uprights just drop to the ground.
    The feet were attached with a loop of steel cable. I ran a stake thru the loop into the ground lt and rt sides. I don't recall f it was needed or not. It never moved that I could tell.

I hope this is still on kind of/maybe topic because I ha mentione when I used this Tensa in an Adirondak campground 2 Augusts ago, though I never saw any other hammocks( or maybe one ENO hung as a day lounger, not sure), I did draw the attention of at least 2 other people who claimed to be hangers, and wanted to know all about my set up. Which included this Tensa, SG insulated hammock and ancient JRB tarp, as in these photos. But, I don't think there were any other hammock campers in this large campground.:

Last edited by BillyBob58; 03-19-2023 at 13:22.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast