Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hammock Gear Circadian
    Tarp
    HG The Journey
    Insulation
    HG Economy Quilts
    It's a pretty easy gravel road the entire way back (except the last 500 feet which is just dirt) with only a few small hills, just to let you know. @bemt2648
    Last edited by Fireguy2007; 10-03-2023 at 09:17.

Hammock
    Superior Hammock Elite
    Tarp
    sil-poly
    Suspension
    whoopie-sling
    Anyone use all trails that can let me know specifically what trial I need. I am working out if I can make it. Would love to. Also what time do most try to arrive.
    Last edited by Kfro78; 10-05-2023 at 16:26.

Hammock
    Hammock Gear Circadian
    Tarp
    HG The Journey
    Insulation
    HG Economy Quilts
    Not sure about all trails, but on google maps if you look up Hickory Ridge Lookout Tower (Tower Ridge Rd, Norman, IN 47264), that's where you start, and then you just follow
    Axsom Branch Rd all the way back to the cemetery, and there is a little path on the right you follow to Terrill Pond. I found a good chunk of people tend to arrive around noonish on Friday, although some will also come Thursday. People are always coming in and out though, but I'll probably end up coming on either Wednesday or Thursday.

Hammock
    Superior Hammock Elite
    Tarp
    sil-poly
    Suspension
    whoopie-sling

Ty fireguy2007

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy2007 View Post
    Not sure about all trails, but on google maps if you look up Hickory Ridge Lookout Tower (Tower Ridge Rd, Norman, IN 47264), that's where you start, and then you just follow
    Axsom Branch Rd all the way back to the cemetery, and there is a little path on the right you follow to Terrill Pond. I found a good chunk of people tend to arrive around noonish on Friday, although some will also come Thursday. People are always coming in and out though, but I'll probably end up coming on either Wednesday or Thursday.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hangtime
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Built in
    So this will be my first group hang, I am hoping to follow someone in so I do not get lost. So few questions.

Food do I pack my own, do ya'all do group dinners? If its a group dinner, how do I know what to bring.

There is info on how to get to the site, not much as to what is going to go on.
    I am sorry for the newbie questions. I look forward to this, testing a new hammock I might bring this friday night.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfro78 View Post
    Anyone use all trails that can let me know specifically what trial I need. I am working out if I can make it. Would love to. Also what time do most try to arrive.
    Location has changed. Yogi should update the first post.

It's no longer at Brown Hollow. Location has changed to Terrill Pond. Start your hike at the Hickory Ridge fire Tower in the Charles C Deam Wilderness area. Easy to find with a search on Google Maps.

Walk north from the tower on the gated road. After a mile or two, the road makes a true 90-degree turn to the west. The road ends at a cemetery just 100 or 200 yards west of that turn.

At the 90-degree turn, a trail will go north- east. Follow that about 1/4 mile or so to the pond and camp site. It's hard to miss.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SykonMantrin View Post
    So this will be my first group hang, I am hoping to follow someone in so I do not get lost. So few questions.

Food do I pack my own, do ya'all do group dinners? If its a group dinner, how do I know what to bring.

There is info on how to get to the site, not much as to what is going to go on.
    I am sorry for the newbie questions. I look forward to this, testing a new hammock I might bring this friday night.
    It's a laid- back event. Everyone is on their own for food, drink, and daytime entertainment, but all usually gather around the fire in the evening. Bring your water or take your chances filtering the pond water.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    hammockgear.com
    Tarp
    HG dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Tq and uq
    Suspension
    superior gear buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy2007 View Post
    It's a pretty easy gravel road the entire way back (except the last 500 feet which is just dirt) with only a few small hills, just to let you know. @bemt2648
    Thanks for that informationI'm going to try and make it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hammock Gear Circadian
    Tarp
    HG The Journey
    Insulation
    HG Economy Quilts
    Great to hear, it should be a good time! Looks like the weather should be nice as well

Hammock
    hammockgear.com
    Tarp
    HG dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Tq and uq
    Suspension
    superior gear buck
    Just got done with follow up at Dr on my surgery and he said no way it's way too soon to be backpacking. So next year I guess.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast