Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped Down Pad
    Suspension
    JRB's TriGlides
    Images

Question HH (Hennessy Hammock Ridge Line Attachment

Problem solved thanks to Boris.

On the Hennessey, you have to fish around at both ends of the hammock to find where the ridge lines come through. Based upon my experience (yours, no doubt, will vary) I just started poking around at the ends of the hammock with an open wire tie and found both openings...hidden in the places that had been melted for the suspension line holes.
    Last edited by WalksInDark; 04-15-2010 at 18:00.

Don't panic. You're right about how the ridge line is attached. Watch this video.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=13116

If you watch closely, you'll see him thread the whoopie sling through the ridgeline just before he finishes the wrapping and tucking on the end of the hammock.

Breathe.

Hammock
    Hennesy so far
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped Down Pad
    Suspension
    JRB's TriGlides
    Images
    Problem Solved

Thanks Boris...that was just what I needed. I had searched for places in the two hammock holes where the ridge line should come out...and struck out. Once I saw the video though, I just started poking around with an open wire tie and found both openings...hidden in the places that had been melted for the suspension line holes.

Now my hair is no longer on fire and I can get on with my packing.

Now that everything is all closed back up, you can take it apart again as soon as you get home from this weekend and do some more mods!

In the head end, build a 16" diameter continuous loop of amsteel (36" piece of cord) that threads through the main knot and goes down into the same channel that the ridgeline is in. That will give you a handle above your head that you can grab and pull to reposition yourself in the hammock without needing to do the inchworm shuffle.

You can do the same thing at the foot end, or just run a single line in the foot end with a small closed loop (locked brummel) that's just barely far enough inside to clip a carabiner to it. It makes a great place to hang things that you want to keep inside without having them creep down the ridgeline into your living space. I put my head end quite a bit lower than my foot end, so it always drove me crazy to have things migrating down the ridgeline all night.

Speaking of ridge lines... why not replace that sucker with an adjustable ridge line while you're in there? Are you sure that the Hennessy folks figured out the perfect ridge line length for you? Are you sure that the nice chinese lady cut and tied that ridge line to the intended length? I'm just sayin...

• + New Posts