Hi guys, I am a newbie. I am on a very long-distance walking (and partly bikepacking) trip for some months and am getting a bad sleep half the time. It's a Lanshan 2 tent (3fulgear.com/product/ultralight-tent/lanshan2-classic/) with a Berghaus Peak Compact self-inflating mat (gooutdoors.co.uk/15979377/berghaus-peak-compact-self-inflating-mat-15979377/) and a Snugpak Technik 1 (which is an old version of the Snugpak Softie 3, snugpak.com/products/softie-3). I bought these products for £255 altogether including shipping.

I stay in cheap guesthouses half the nights (where I sleep well) to compensate. I might be able to save money by converting to a budget hammock system (<€160) which allows me to sleep well all the time when camping, thereby allowing me to cut the guesthouses (average €17 euro/night) from half the remaining 75 nights to a quarter of the remaining nights. Just to explain what budget for hammock equipment might allow me to make a saving overall.

Could I make this work using hammock system components bought in Sofia and Blageovgrad (Bulgaria), or would it not be worth it? Is there any way to retain the outer layer from the Lanshan 2 tent and the Snugpak Technik 1 sleeping bag in the new hammock system, in order to reduce the number of new components I need to buy?

I will eventually be camping on the Azerbaijani Steppe for up to a month. I read that there are certain hammock systems which can be set up with just trekking poles, no trees. I assume these are not budget hammocks, but could the principle be made to work using a budget system bought second-hand on olx.bg or in the outdoor stores of Sofia and Blageovgrad (Bulgaria), which is perhaps continuing to utilize the outer layer from my Lanshan 2 and my Snugpak Technik 1 sleeping bag?

Many thanks, no doubt it is an off-the-wall question.