Simply Light Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Onewind 12
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Tensa4+Tensa Solos
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    I saw this campaign and wondered whether folks might buy it. I'm interested to hear what feedback you have after you've had a chance to hang in it. The quilted top cover is a waste. Insulation is meant to contain body heat, and if you have it that far from your body, it's not going to do what you think it might. Bad design IMO. Still, interesting as something "new"!
    I have a couple of portable air conditioners so most of my interest here lies in the ability to sleep in the Texas summer when it is still 100 degrees when the sun goes down or serve as emergency sleep pods for power outages. I had been considering some sort of bivvy as the smallest space to air condition when these things appeared for funding and I figured it could work.

I'm looking at the Warbonnet Heavyweight Double Blackbird XLC myself for a first camping hammock, and I'm leaning towards a Tensa4 stand for being able to set up the hammock just about anywhere. Neither are really new, just new to me.

Hammock
    Superior Hammock / Dutch / Majestic
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    I'll throw out another vote for the Majestic Hammock https://www.majestichammock.com/ and the Superior Hammock System https://superiorgear.com/build-your-own-bundle

You can't go wrong with either. Huge fan of both. I sleep at home 100% of the time in the Majestic Hammock which is just so comfortable. I camp in the Superior Gear, took it to Nevada last week with me and spent my first night at over 7000 feet in elevation and lots of snow. It's easy to set up and get it right fast which when you are tired is super handy.

I feel like we are in the golden age of hammock camping, there are so many great manufacturers.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Fuego - your first post - welcome to the forums. Just a note on that “anywhere” Comment - you will need an anchor for the Tensa4, though not as firm a one needed for single pole solutions. But it does free you from the need for trees.

Notice the various anchor options. Some of use live in the desert (sand), some of use live in the Cascade (volcanic) range.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Haven Safari XL
    Insulation
    Haven air mattress
    Suspension
    tree straps
    I have the Haven Safari. It's a beast in weight - not for backpacking - but great for car camping. Very rugged material and if you ever have to Go2Ground its very durable. I started with an ENO double nest buyt could never get comfortable. I'm a side sleeper.

Hammock
    Simply Light Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Onewind 12
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Tensa4+Tensa Solos
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    I saw this campaign and wondered whether folks might buy it. I'm interested to hear what feedback you have after you've had a chance to hang in it. The quilted top cover is a waste. Insulation is meant to contain body heat, and if you have it that far from your body, it's not going to do what you think it might. Bad design IMO. Still, interesting as something "new"!
    Update on this, both of the hammock wraps I ordered have apparently shipped. I'm about 235 miles from their warehouse, so I imagine it will only take a couple of days.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12