Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    If you don’t buy the hammock gear on sale you’re doing yourself a huge disservice. Their 30% off sales for them seem to be their new normal. Although it’s absolutely decimating the used market. I’ve been lucky and just sold all my hammock gear top quilts and was able to compete with their sales because I bought them on sale. Fwiw I prefer jacks r better horizontal baffles by far on a top quilt.
    kris

If you haven't already committed, I wouldn't rule out UGQ...

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    I've got one of the older HG quilts (and an EE revelation) and I was surprised to see it be the lighter of the two in your OP. Going to their website, it seems HG is now offering 10D fabrics as well (and their standard width has gone from 50" to 55").

Comparing my quilts, I've noticed my EE quilt tends to loft up easier and I like that the footbox baffles aren't separate from the vertical baffles (though the enigma might have a different design here). I like the 20D fabric on the HG quilt I have. Without getting into the vapor barrier rabbit hole too far, it's a noticeable difference to me in terms of warmth to have the slightly less breathable fabric and it feels better on my skin.

Verdict: They're both good products, if you can get the HG at 30% off then that's a no brainer. If not, then I'd pick whichever one is lighter.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Just a note that there are at least two variables to consider. One is the kind of footbox. A sewn footbox will be warmer than one that cinches - but that’s not necessarily a feature if you want a wider comfort range in warmer weather. The second is your comfort range compared to published specs. For example, I’ve found that a 20 degree quilt just barely does the job at 20 degrees. I prefer a 10 cushion between the bag spec and the expected minimum temperture.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 02-28-2024 at 09:10.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12