Hammock
    Night Cat Camouflage Pro
    Tarp
    Kalinco 10 x 15ft
    Insulation
    Night Cat Green UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Thanks team, some really great content there. I am sure for any new Hammock Camper out there will find your commits informative and helpful in making their choice for type of bug net.
    Well into Autumn here in Australia. One big advantage, I discovered with a zippered bug net is that it, helps to hold the top quilt inside.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging_n_Trees View Post
    Thanks team, some really great content there. I am sure for any new Hammock Camper out there will find your commits informative and helpful in making their choice for type of bug net.
    Well into Autumn here in Australia. One big advantage, I discovered with a zippered bug net is that it, helps to hold the top quilt inside.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    That is another "pro" for the zippered net option. I sometimes get crazy "restless leg syndrome", especially in the summer, and have woken up with my quilt or blanket outside the hammock a few times when using any of the other types.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki 0deg
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I prefer a bugnet for sure because last I want is to get woken up in the middle of the night by mosquitoes. My first hammock was a Warbonnet BB so I liked the way the bugnet was pulled away from my face. For my DIY hammock I went with Dutch’s summer sock which gave me both a bugnet and underquilt protector. Now, although a little heavier, I really love using Dutch’s Chameleon Spreader Bar Bugnet. Not only does it keep the bugnet off of my face, but when I unzip it, it lefts the bugnet up and out of the way for me to get out of the hammock

Hammock
    DIY Banana Hammock
    Tarp
    Half Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY 950Fill Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps w/ Becket
    You could always diy a rock pocket to the netting to add tension to it. That way all excess fabric is taken up and pulled towards the ground. No lines to trip on and I bet you could hitch it to the outside zipper pull and align it close to your problem area, that is if you have double zippers and can choose where it closes. I’m cheap and had time to diy my set up before I had a daughter so it’s always been a diy whipped than sewn channel hammocks for me. A Fronkey style bug net is all I have known.

I’m a bit weird though. I sized the bug net to work on a bear hammock. My under quilt goes “overtop” of the bug net and hammock. I feel like it locks the bugs out better and I can adjust the quilt to the side if I need to vent. Plus it doesn’t squish the insulation.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I saw someone say once that they attached their poop-kit to the zipper pull for that same affect.

@Double, my lady is a bug magnet and she always puts her UQ over her fronkey bugnetting, in the summer at least a UQP.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Hammock
    DIY Banana Hammock
    Tarp
    Half Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY 950Fill Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps w/ Becket
    I have a similar situation on my side as well LowTech. The wife is a type one diabetic. The bugs drink her blood like it’s a $1000 bottle of bubbly after crawling through a parched desert. Maybe that’s why I like her as well, she’s super sweet! Haha

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12