Hammock
    11' OneWind
    Suspension
    Slide straps

Seftlet and the extention bar.

I did a search for post about the Swiftlet from Kammock. I saw a few but none updated since the 20's. I know they have a new extension bar to make it a little longer and was wondering is people have tried this and if it works\comfortable for sleeping.
    Thank you.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Don't do it. The reviews say the product is poorly designed and a number of users have reported breakages. I'd look at something from YOBO Gear or Tensa instead.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    Simply Light Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Onewind 12
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Tensa4+Tensa Solos
    I have a swiftlet with extension bar. I can technically sleep in it but when they made it longer they didn't make it taller so your hammock has to be stretched pretty taut. It's a weird geometry - the stand isn't tall enough to account for their overly stretchy hammocks. Their post 2018 redesigned Roo Single requires straps to use, I need to experiment with using the single again but I never found a position I liked. The newer Roo Double loses length by stretching over the C-shaped arms but is goofily wide. At 5' 6" the sweet spot is pretty much exactly in one spot for me.

I did have some luck with an 11 foot onewind of standard width (around 55"). I have another 11 foot onewind that is 68" wide that I don't think I have tried. Can't put any of my good hammocks on it because you can't use a ridgeline with the stand.

Every once in a while if it is rainy I'll set it up on the patio and sleep in it but honestly the price is a decent chunk of a Tensa4 and that is superior in every way. The swiftlet is good for day lounging though and if you happen to already own one then the bar is a cheapish way to make lounging more comfortable. I haven't had any structural problems. I can say that the shade kit is crappy though.

• + New Posts