Hammock
    Dream Hammock Wingspan 12'
    Tarp
    WB Superfly 12'
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0F
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    That looks like an identical suspension setup to the UTG zeppelin. Thanks for the video.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I might have to give those HG's a look. They are a full $100 cheaper than UGQ, and plus a sale would make them a phenomenal deal.
    Im thinking the same thing! Memorial day sale? The next decision is............incubator or the new quilt - the hearth?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly 12'
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0F
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Im thinking the same thing! Memorial day sale? The next decision is............incubator or the new quilt - the hearth?
    I don't see a hearth. I see the incubator (full size), and phoenix (3/4 length).

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly 12'
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0F
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    It turns out Hammock Gear has 20% off site wide right now. I just bought a 0f long incubator, free shipping, came to $248 total.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I received a Memorial Day sale email from Warbonnet yesterday. 5/24 - 5/7/24, 10% off all hammocks, hammock add-ons, stock underquilts, stock tarps, stock Diamondbacks - memorialday10. 15% off custom Tsunami Hot Tent - tsunami15

Hammock
    AHE Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidg Owyhee
    Suspension
    DIY
    Just a heads up that Jacks R Better is having an Trail Days Sale online.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Ugq is having a sale too! ( just placed an order for a zeppelin!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly 12'
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0F
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    They're both great!
    You were correct, the HG Incubator is a great underquilt. I got the long version, 0F, standard fill. This should compare very good to my UGQ Zeppelin Long (83"), 0F, standard fill I've been using for years. I don't remember if I got my Zeppelin with 850 or 950 fill though. The Incubator is 950 fill, I'm pretty sure my Zeppelin was 850. I have no idea if they are duck or goose down, nor do I really care much.

The Incubator is slightly shorter and narrower than the Zeppelin. The Incubator long says "up to 6'7"". I'm 6'5", and the stretched out quilt goes from the bottom of my feet to about my eyes, maybe a little higher. My Zeppelin goes from my feet all the way over my head. I didn't measure it, but I'd say the Zeppelin is about 6" longer than the Incubator. The width is pretty close, the Zeppelin is about 2" wider than the Incubator.

The suspension setups are pretty much identical. The shock cords are the same, the adjustments are the same. The only notable difference is the Zeppelin uses a hook to go around your suspension, where the Incubator uses an S-biner.

The quality seems to be the same, both are top tier quilts. Both came with stuff sacks, but the Incubator also comes with a large cloth/canvas sack they call a storage sack. Both are handmade in the USA. UGQ is in Michigan, HG is in Ohio.

The weights are very comparable. I weighed them, the Zeppelin, and remember it's slightly larger, is 877 grams. The Incubator is 833 grams. That converts to 1.93 pounds and 1.84 pounds.

I guess we will see this winter if there's any unseen downfalls of the Incubator, but from what I see it's all positive. I love UGQ, but for the price difference, I can't even consider them anymore. If I were to buy a Zeppelin of nearly identical specs to the Icubator, 0F, 77", 950 fill, plus storage sack, It's $435 plus shipping and maybe tax. Call it $450. I just bought that same spec Incubator for $248 shipped to my door. It's just about half price. It's kind of crazy when you think about it.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Snugpak AWS
    Insulation
    HG Inc, ENO Vulcan
    Suspension
    Atlas XL currently
    Hammock Gear is running a 30% off sale right now.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post

The quality seems to be the same, both are top tier quilts. Both came with stuff sacks, but the Incubator also comes with a large cloth/canvas sack they call a storage sack. Both are handmade in the USA. UGQ is in Michigan, HG is in Ohio.

I guess we will see this winter if there's any unseen downfalls of the Incubator, but from what I see it's all positive. I love UGQ, but for the price difference, I can't even consider them anymore. If I were to buy a Zeppelin of nearly identical specs to the Icubator, 0F, 77", 950 fill, plus storage sack, It's $435 plus shipping and maybe tax. Call it $450. I just bought that same spec Incubator for $248 shipped to my door. It's just about half price. It's kind of crazy when you think about it.
    My Zep came with a storage sack.

Ouch on the price diff!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast