Anyone use the Kammok Outpost vehicle stand?

Curious if it fits a typical 11' hammock (Dream Sparrow for me), preferably with some wiggle room. I saw the specs, but it is unclear to me if, logistically, you can actually hang at a reasonable (low) height. IOW, I'm assuming if the 11' hammock is right at the edge of being too long, the hang height would be high, not being able to have some slack to lower it a bit?

Super-expensive, I know, but I generally hang from one side of my 4Runner most of the time (I do use a structural ridgeline), but sometimes can't find a reliable rock or tree for the other side.

Cheers!

Images
    A user review on Kammok website indicate that the Outpost stand will accommodate 11-foot hammocks.

The rub is that the user has to pull the hammock tight (on the provided daisy chain strap) to fit,

This places the hammock at a somewhat elevated height - get yourself a stretchy hammock...

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    > Super-expensive, I know, but I generally hang from one side of my 4Runner most of the time

Not at all unreasonable. I once bought a used Chevy Caviler station wagon as an accessory for my Kayak - Though a previous solution - a 17 ft kayak on the roof of the Buick Park Avenue - did turn heads. But that was decades ago.

The point is, support your hobby and it will support you
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Simply Light Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Onewind 12
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Tensa4+Tensa Solos
    It's very hard to find any meaningful videos or commentary on the Outpost. I have not been overly impressed with the Swiftlet so I have eyed the Outpost with great suspicion. The idea seems great but every still I have looked at from the videos makes me think I would need a step stool to actually get up into a hammock.

The only version of the Outpost that ever made sense to me was their collaboration with Taxa on the Woolly Bear trailer. Attaching the other end to the top deck of the trailer actually looked like something that would put the hammock low enough to get in/out like I like it. My other consideration was some sort of rear receiver hitch with a vertical pole so that I had more variable height options.

I single point hang off my jeep's rollbar with a tensa solo instead. It is arguably more fiddly but has worked great and I can hang two hammocks off the jeep for the price of one Outpost so that is what I went with.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by FartBarf View Post
    It's very hard to find any meaningful videos or commentary on the Outpost. I have not been overly impressed with the Swiftlet so I have eyed the Outpost with great suspicion. The idea seems great but every still I have looked at from the videos makes me think I would need a step stool to actually get up into a hammock.

The only version of the Outpost that ever made sense to me was their collaboration with Taxa on the Woolly Bear trailer. Attaching the other end to the top deck of the trailer actually looked like something that would put the hammock low enough to get in/out like I like it. My other consideration was some sort of rear receiver hitch with a vertical pole so that I had more variable height options.

I single point hang off my jeep's rollbar with a tensa solo instead. It is arguably more fiddly but has worked great and I can hang two hammocks off the jeep for the price of one Outpost so that is what I went with.
    Just checked the $500 price of Outpost. I would say that unless you are hiking a lot so want/need Solo's portability (and can always hike to firm enough ground for the anchors to hold), Tensa4 at (current) $350 is a better value than Solo for its ability to hang 2 split off a vehicle with minimal anchoring, or one using the vehicle itself as the anchor (say on hardtop). Also supports a 12' hammock with proper sag and tilt, no truncating or pulling tight/flat necessary. Am I spamming?
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Simply Light Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Onewind 12
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Tensa4+Tensa Solos
    I own a Tensa 4 already and 2 Solos. I take the 4 for when I anticipate having to drive the jeep for supplies or if I'm by myself but I actually prefer the Solos if we brought both jeeps and I can leave one in place to hang from.

Two Tensa4 poles lashed together with self equalizing anchors (aka "the bridge mode") works great and I like it but there is something elegant about just the Solo with a couple of anchors. Each of my Solo bags has 2 orange screws, 2 boomstakes, 2 Peggy Pegs and 2 12 inch aluminum military tent stakes.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    FartBarf - which size orange screws? do you find there is much holding power difference between the longer/shorter orange screws? Have you categorized the soil type with the anchor type, or do you just garb the first one out of the bag and see if it holds?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Simply Light Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Onewind 12
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Tensa4+Tensa Solos
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    FartBarf - which size orange screws? do you find there is much holding power difference between the longer/shorter orange screws? Have you categorized the soil type with the anchor type, or do you just garb the first one out of the bag and see if it holds?
    Large, only size I own. I have some black Neso ones for tents but I have never used them for hammocks.

Here in North Texas the choice is pretty easy - Orange Screw is king unless it has been raining. If the ground is soft due to rain, the Orange will dump you and Peggy Pegs are my go-tos. The army surplus V stakes are pretty burly if you can hammer them completely flat with the ground.

Other bits:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N5UZES/ - cheap enough to buy multiples and keep in different bags.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204810146384 - if you want to bring Peggy Pegs along but use them for other things or if you really, really want a secure footend for your Tensa 4.

• + New Posts