DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Just a thought... as I've thought about a removable, zippered bug net that could be replaced w/ a fabric cover, it occurred to me that it could be done by attaching/removing it by a short (4"?) section of Velcro (going side to side) were the two zippers meet at the foot end.
    There would just be a small triangle of fabric that stays w/ the removed bug net, & a fabric top could easily replace the bug net by the small section of Velcro.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Winter Dream v.2
    Insulation
    KAQ Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopie hook
    Images

Which side for 2 pulls

What criteria or preferences do you think folks should consider when selecting which side gets 2 pulls vs. the other that gets a single pull? Not having a mod on my HH I can only try to imagine reasons why I would select one side over the other.

So perhaps those who do have the existing mods can provide some insight on how you use your HH with the ziper mods that would lead you to choose right or left for the 2 pull side.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    I decided to go with the 2 zippers on the left side for my Desert Rat since my Blackbird has a double zipper on the left side.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    I'm right handed ... and since to "cook from the hammack" in the morning ah la Shug ... is easier to do from the left side ... that makes it an easy choice.

Hawk-eye the lolly gagger

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

As long as we're dreaming: I want to be able to unzip the netting and stash it in an attached bag at the head end of the hammock, then I want to open an attached bag at the foot end and pull out a top cover that zips up along the same zippers. If the top cover's stash bag is at the foot end, it'll be easy to vent it at the head end by not zipping it fully.

That's all I want. No removable zippers, no sharks, no frickin laser beams. It's the indecision special. Everything ready and waiting for me to finally make up my mind.

Boris

...no whining from the gram weenies. I'm the one carryin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    I've always wanted to be able to remove the netting in order to zip on a DWR top cover. I mentioned at Mahha I had a manufacturer on the line who would make me a separating zipper, in small quantities no less.

Here's the fly in the ointment however, I'm pretty set on using a coil zipper, not a tooth zipper. As it turns out, the coil zipper will work for a completely removable bugnet, but the zipper part attached to the hammock may not line up with the top covers zipper. Tooth zippers would work evidently, but the guy was pretty adamant that coil zippers would not work. So, I've got to consider whether a tooth zipper will satisfy me or not....that is if I want to achieve my goal completely. Just a removable net without the potential of zipping on a topcover doesn't interest me a whole lot. I personally like the idea of unzipping the net and stowing it with the hammock. Won't lose it, it's there if you need it, minimal weight, out of the way, etc.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Insulation
    HH SS + SB mod
    Suspension
    Poly+Dutch&Whoopie
    With this new Mod's development, I'm definitely going to send mine in, that is right after this weekend's hang

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Man oh man ... just got off Skype with the "2QZQ control center" ... hmmm ... like the ring to that ... my Mod 4 will be leaving the "factory" today!!!

Hmmm ... what am I going to call this thing? HH doesn't seem right anymore ... "HH w/Mod 4 w/o BO" takes too much thinking to type ... had the bottom opening sewn shut this time. ... OK ... I here by re-name MY new hammock as the "War-Hawk"

Of course "w/o BO" has a funny sound to it!

Did I mention I'm excited?

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Hammock
    HH Expl ULA-2QZQ#2
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    Incubator&W.Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopieslings
    Having read through this full thread, I guess I'm just overlooking the obvious, but what is it that will make this #4 mod have an advantage over the #2 mod
    ...And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you.
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun... "TIME" by Pink Floyd

www.linvillegorge.net -Ken's site

www.heavens-above.com -(set your own "home" site)

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Insulation
    HH SS + SB mod
    Suspension
    Poly+Dutch&Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by mtncmpr View Post
    Having read through this full thread, I guess I'm just overlooking the obvious, but what is it that will make this #4 mod have an advantage over the #2 mod
    I really like the prospect of stuffing the bugnet into a sac rather than rolling it up and securing it with ribbon ties. Maybe I'm overlooking another glaring advantage but for me, that's enough.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Completely unzips all the way to the end where it can be stored in a bag attached to the foot end. Sweet stuff. Three zip pulls so it has the functionality of the #3 mod on one side ...

It also makes toast, and fine cup of coffee ... OK ... not really but it's that good!

I'll have mine by this weekend Glen and will post pictures and a video before the weekend is over.

Did I mention I was excited?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast