Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Images

Blackies get together This weekend.

I am sure everyone is tired and I am too. Too much fun can wear you out! Especially in this heat. I will just say I knew it would be a blast but, I never knew it would be THAT good of a time! There were only 4 of us HF members but, lots of hammocks hanging. Blackie had 3 then gave me a hammock to use as a chair which made 4. Then Stoikurt showed us his 3 hammocks. I put mine up and then ToddHiker put his up. HEHE I cant imagine how many there would have been if more HFers would have been able to come! It was nice!

I didn't get many pictures because I was having too much fun to think about pics. The guys all got a bunch of pics though. Im the HOT short dumpy one!

I could go through and highlight all that went on but, Ill leave some for the others to tell. I am tired! Looking fwd to next time already! Rain, sleet, snow or more heat! That dip in the creek was refreshing!

Have to say thanks to Blackie and Stoikurt for the knot lessons! And Todd for hearing and laughing at all my silly jokes. He doesn't have too shabby a sense of humor either! I think we probably seemed like elementary school kids giggling and making jokes to each other.

Todd: If you don't mind, I am gonna start calling you Funny Money! Thats all I kept thinking the entire time we giggled and I thought about your job. Maybe we can print you up some HF currency with an Otter on it.

To close, if more HF users would have come...I think I would be completely outfitted with new or recycled gear. lol Thanks guys for all the rope, buckles, knots lessons, hammock, stretchy cord, booze, drugs, and hookers. Now aren't you dissapointed you didn't come?
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
    -Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scorpiorising80/

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis

Funny Money it is...

I guess I have a trailname...Funny Money

I have to echo all of Rockstar's words! I couldn't have said it better. I'll just add a few tidbits.

Blackie was a great organizer w/great tips and both he and his better half are too shy . The landowners, without giving them away, were perfect hosts. Stoikurt, thanks for your patience and tutoring! Love my new buckle setup! Not trying to leave anyone out, but it was a great time to hang, have fun and meet new friends.

And Rockstar, except for making me not sleep for fear of Alien abduction, you are loads of fun! Sorry I missed saying goodbye to ya. Is Kristy feeling better?

I can't wait for the next one and hope to see others at this and other places!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    sounds like fun... except for the "booze, drugs, and hookers"
    hope yall are going to share some pictures.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Images
    Haha That part was a joke.

She is doing way better after lots of Vitamin I (IBuprofin). Female issues while camping are never enjoyable. She still had a blast and it takes a lot to impress her! However, we were sure to be out of there by 10:30! hehehe
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
    -Churchill

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    It was nice to get to meet you guys and put some faces to name. The dip in the creek sure felt good. Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole weekend. I did get a few pictures that I'll get up in a day or 2. If you don't want you face displayed let me know soon.

I passed thru some rain on the way home, did ya'll get hit by it?

BTW, on the way home I got to summit the highest peak in Florida. Just SE of Paxton, FL is Britton Hill, an oxygen depriving 345 feet above sea level. I pulled into the parking lot at the trailhead and hiked a grueling 50, very horizontal, feet to the granite monument marking this lofty perch!
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoikurt View Post
    It was nice to get to meet you guys and put some faces to name. The dip in the creek sure felt good. Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole weekend. I did get a few pictures that I'll get up in a day or 2. If you don't want you face displayed let me know soon.

I passed thru some rain on the way home, did ya'll get hit by it?

BTW, on the way home I got to summit the highest peak in Florida. Just SE of Paxton, FL is Britton Hill, an oxygen depriving 345 feet above sea level. I pulled into the parking lot at the trailhead and hiked a grueling 50, very horizontal, feet to the granite monument marking this lofty perch!
    We got some lightning but, no thunder or rain.

Quite an impressive feat after swimming for hours and listening to us ask question!
    -Churchill

Images
    thanks for coming everyone..it was a real blast for me..i will put up my pics tomorrow.. now let me throw this out...when in november would be a good date for another hang on pigeon creek???..the land owners really enjoyed meeting everyone and have told me to organise another hang for the fall...so how bout it....this is now a open invite to anyone interested

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    You better check on hunting season dates there. Or at least check to see if it's an issue. If the season is open there may be some of his members camping there.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Images
    he and i have talked and the camping will be clear..hunters use a area a mile up the road from him...side most of his hunters are big money political types who get a room in andalusia..or bring a travel trailer...that is why we need to iron down a date so we can get it in place and he will work around it...

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    So where are the pictures?

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast