Hi all. I've been lurking here for a while and because of the information I've gathered here I am now a hammock camper. Very informative site and seems like a great community!

I just purchased my first hammock. I got a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe A Sym. I don't trust my knot tying skills so I wanted to keep the set up as knot free as possible. I bought some tree straps and Ulta Lite Cinch Buckle With Long Chain Link from Arrowhead Equipment.

I was able to get my hammock hung up pretty quickly and easily using that set up but now I don't know how to attach my rain fly. The Hennessy system was pretty slick and easy for adjustments. Can someone please explain to me how I should attach the rainfly to the webbing suspension system.

The other question I have is regarding the snake skins. Because of the size of the cinch buckles I had to attach the Snake Skins beneath where I believe the rainfly will be attached. This makes it impossible to use the snake skins to roll up the rainfly and hammock in one shot. Is that an issue, or is there an alternative?

Should I have bought Whoopee Slings? Despite Shug's great videos I didn't really understand the concept until I started playing hands on with my new hammock. Whoopee Slings now seem like an easier way to make adjustments.

Thanks in advance for your help!