Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    So... what are some of the other functions folks are using it for?
    First, it works nicely as a warm-weather underquilt. My friend Hetairoi and I just completed a 10 day kayaking trip on which we took a pair of the MMG JC's along. Used on a Traveler and BlackBird respectively, our single layer IX chairs kept us warm (low temps in upper 40's, but mainly 50's). I have no doubt that more layers of IX would boost it further.

I did make a couple of small suggestions to MacEntyre for improving them, including a cinch channel along each end and trading the pad holder tabs for a simple sleeve.

On our trip, we used them as underquilts, chairs, sit pads, ground cloths, kayak cockpit covers, food prep mats, and bug swatters. I'm sure I'll think of more uses the longer I have one, though. My favorite feature, by far, was that MacEntyre made ours from Silnylon on both sides. We were thus able to use them as chairs and sit pads with no regard to ground dampness. I even used it as a chair a couple of times while wearing wet swim trunks...no harm done.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    I did notice gaps on both ends so I guess I need more tension to close them up.
    Where were the gaps? Were you in it?

It will show gaps if you are not in it. When you put your shoulders right at the end, they gaps will disappear. If not, tighten it up a little.

Unlike the plain IX UQs, the Jerry Chair IX UQ can be suspended so that it touches the hammock, which is tighter than the plain IX UQ.

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mak52580 View Post
    so is it possible to order an "original" Jerry Chair that only weighed a scant couple of ounces?
    ...it's a simple DIY project!

- MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123