Thread: Underpad

Post Underpad

Just got my Hennesy Expedition Asym and after a couple of test nights in the house, the verdict is that I love it! I am now looking at a Mac Cat tarp for a larger footprint, and will do an outside test run very soon.

My question is regarding the underpad or bottom insulation. Has anyone ever used something such as a Pacific Outdoor Equipment Uber-Lite Sleeping Pad? Will something that does not cover your foot area be warm enough? I have a Thermarest Prolite 4, and also a few of the old Army foam mats, but I have no experience to know which way to go.

Winston-Salem, NC
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Webbing and rings
    i've not used that pad, but i've herd nothing but good things about their pads.
    as for the length, some folks use a shorter pad in milder temps. if they feel the need , put something else under their calves for a little extra protection... like clothes or a frameless pack if it's dry.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

I use a pad and I always make sure that I have a small pad with me just for my feet - where the heal of your foot rests against the hammock will be a cold spot without something like a small pad under the heal