Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
I've got to say thanks to Canoeski for putting this together. It was great meeting everybody, dayhiking around and watching the girls play and have a good time. It's great seeing kids that have the interest of the outdoors in them. I believe Savy had a great time learning all she did with her own private naturalist by her side the whole weekend.

The $20,000 chili recipe was worth $20,312.46 in my book because I would pay a premium to have that again. The same for the cornbread and baked apples.

Once again, thanks to everybody for a great time in a very beautiful area.
-Lorax
Full trip report with pics to come in the Trip Report section, but I just HAD to comment here... Conoeski went wellllll beyond the call of duty to insure everyone had a great weekend. From the trail markers to the Dutch Oven cuisine, it was a great time. The food was AWESOME. I would pay premium money to get a quart of that chili!!! He even had all the fixin's for the chili, including cheese, sour cream and fresh choppped onion. Additional delights: Chili, corn bread, beer bread, baked apples... mmmmm.... he could have fed 12 guys. I can't believe he did all that for 4 + 2 kids. I can't say enough!