Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    HH Explorer ASYM
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Suspension
    WS, huggers, toggs
    I haven't even got my HH, yet (supposed to be delivered today), but I've been doing a lot of thinking on my suspension. I plan on making a WS similar to Frawg's here http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...php?i=6401&c=3

Mine will be a regular sized WS with ~8.5"-10" bury. I'm going to tie a bowline in the stock suspension as close to the hammock as I can (gathering the excess with itself or a rubberband) and hang that on the WS toggle then the WS will hang on a toggle on my huggers. If my trees are too far apart for the WS, just retie the bowline to a length that'll work. If the trees are too close, just ditch the WSs, untie the bowline and use the stock suspension. Let me know what y'all think. I'll try to post pics when I get it all set up.
    ~We all start at the bottom~

If you're not going to remove the stock suspension, there's really no point in messing with whoopie slings (other than fun). Just get a pair of Clamcleats and you're done. You can use the big, beefy cleats on the stock suspension line.

They even have a Cleats for Hammocks brochure so you can feel special about shopping with a manufacturer who loves you!

Boris

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I've hung on the sides of the trees in that situation, but those trees were about 11 feet apart. I normally hang on trees 13 or 14 feet apart without issue.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123