Hey All,

Went out this weekend and encountered an issue I could not find a good way to solve.

I am running traditional tree straps with a MSH and toggle. I have Whoopie Slings attached to my hammock.

The problem I encountered is that the only trees with a small enough girth which I could get my tree straps around were about 13-14 feet apart.

With my whoopie slings sucked all the way in, and my toggle almost right on the tree, there was still too much rope in the WS setup that the hammock wouldn't hang.

In the end, I just had to tie a knot in each of the two WS's and pretty much nullify the purpose of them, but, I got it all setup.

Every other tree (redwoods) around the area had a girth of more than 20 feet, well beyond the length of my tree straps.

So, I'm obviously going to be in a position where I'm going to be forced to carry extra-extra-extra long tree straps... but, for those times when I can find two trees that are close enough together, yet too close for my AHE whoopie slings, what in the heck is the trick to make this work without having to tie knotes in my WS's ??

Thanks,
John