Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images

Just ordered Summer Quilts from Perfect Trees

So I just ordered a Summer Burrow and Summer Ptarmigan for my summer set up. Adam (Stormcrow) is a great guy, he spent half hr on the phone with me discussing (in his words in a pm to me) "Let us engage in discussing the nuances of your next perfect set of quilts!" And yes their is no other way IMHO to descirbe his quilts but perfect. He did a great job on my Winter Burrow and Winter Ptarmigan (use those between 0-35) so I cant wait to see how he's going to keep me cool during the summer months while im hanging in my hammock.
    The TQ will have apx 8 oz of down and the UQ with have between 6-7 oz of down. Useing the 900fp so im very xited to see if I can notice the difference between 800 FP (my winter set up) and 900 FP (the new quilts). He said the baffles are going to be around 3/4 to 1 inch in loft. And is going to use his expertise to fill it enough to prevent shifting of down, but not to tight where it defeats the weight savings and coolness of a summer quilt. I reallly like how he explained the no sew through foot box to help maxiumize warmth. I was contenplating the snaps but decided against them after he explained this new design to me. I was also a bit concerned about wear and tear over the coures of many years of snapping and unsnapping. I really like the pillow of down by my feet to keep them nice and cozy. I am planning on useing these quilts for 40 and up, and between my winter quilts and my new summer quilts I am expencting to be able to have a much wider range of comfortable temps in my hammock. I know we discuss on here all the time about how low of temps we can sleep in but what about how high of temps we can sleep in? Ok im just excited and wanted to rambel a bit. Does any one else have a summer quilt from Adam? Or experience with summer quilts in general? I think the ones I ordered are going to be some of the first ones that he is makeing for the summer temps. I cant wait to get them out on the Long Trail this summer (Leaving mid June) and I will for sure be posting pics once I get them. Just want to thank you storm crow for you excellent products and supurb customer service. I will be anxiously awaiting my quilts. Thanks again Adam for all your help over the phone last night and thanks HF for truley makeing me a gear junkie.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    blah blah blah!!!!!! your spoiled........ jk of course enjoy, adam does great work
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    I am in the process of ordering a summer / 3 seaon Burrow. What teperature range does Adam expect for yours. I will probably / could be in the 30's where I am going in June.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaknut01 View Post
    blah blah blah!!!!!! your spoiled........ jk of course enjoy, adam does great work

LOL yeah your totally right I am spoiled. I am totally spoiling my self right now before me and my fiance buy a house and my funds will be on complete lock down. I got engaged two weeks ago so this was my engagement present to my self. My fiance gets a diamond ring and I get quilts. And it aint easy on a teachers and social worker salary.

And I expect to use these quilts in the 40's and up. 30's and below ill use the winter set up and the inbetween temps ill play around with the different combinations of the quilts I have.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Congrats LRR!!! Awesome to hear that your getting these quilt's, I too had talked to Stormcrow (pssss his name is Adam, as Shug would say!!!) and I have decided that I am going to go with his design's, so now, the part of saving so that I can get them from him! Which I don't know which is harder? Saving for them or waiting to get them? LOL! Nothing taken away from any of the other cottage maker's here, I know that they make terrific gear that has survived through some terrible storms/temps, and the like!!!
    Once again congrats LRR can't wait to see the "PIC'S"!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    LOL yeah your totally right I am spoiled. I am totally spoiling my self right now before me and my fiance buy a house and my funds will be on complete lock down. I got engaged two weeks ago so this was my engagement present to my self. My fiance gets a diamond ring and I get quilts. And it aint easy on a teachers and social worker salary.

And I expect to use these quilts in the 40's and up. 30's and below ill use the winter set up and the inbetween temps ill play around with the different combinations of the quilts I have.
    fiance (wife) = complete funds lock down (accept it, it makes things easier in the long run!)
    j/k..sorta
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ya'll give the man a break so he can go backpacking!!!!!!
    He needs to get to the Gorge............
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Does any one else have a summer quilt from Adam?
    I've got a custom Summer weight topquilt on order from Adam. I don't really know where it might fit in his standard product line, but since I'm pretty short we're saving some weight and increasing packability by decreasing the overall length from standard. He's also going to use less fill as it's specifically a summer weight quilt. He spent a fair amount of time with me via email, going back and forth on things to ensure that everything will be just right. As a hammocking n00b I don't really have a very good idea of what I want/need - so I'm relying on his experience and guidance.

I can hardly wait!

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Khai - You are benefiting ME, too! I am 5'2, so after he designs yours, his prototype will be kept for other custom smaller folks, me included! Thanks for starting a great new line!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images

Ix Uq

Jen emailed a note that Adam (Stormcrow) is testing out a prototype IX Summer UQ this weekend at the Gorge. Eagerly waiting for a review and hopefully a production version. Determined I'm a real cold sleeper. Any time the temps drop below mid 70s*F, even on a calm night I'm chilled. This uq may be the quilt of choice for warm northern summer and wet cooler tropical nights. I suspect it will be very light, compact and close to waterproof yet breathable. Hopefully it will be easy to vent like the WB Yeti. If it can also double up as a "weathershield" + added insulating layer over any 2/3 -3/4 length uq the value factor goes up even more.
    Noel V.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast