Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreening View Post
    Couple questions.

1) What is a rope thimble?
    2) What is it used for?
    3) Will it henceforth be called an RT, or will it remain a "rope thimble"

Ok, I know that's three questions but the last one suddenly occurred to me and in the case the answer is yes, I wanted to get a jump on things.
    LOL....

Rope Thimble

Its used when joining rope to another object so the radius of the loop in the rope remains in a fixed position.

Heres a pic of where I used some in a Bridge suspension system...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    I'm getting 6' straps w/ 6' slings...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    6 ft slings w/ 6 ft straps

Clark Hammock Ridgeline

The clark is different from the other hammocks because the ridgeline has to hang higher to support the weather shield. This means the descending ring has to be about 20" away from the end of the hammock which means you have to use trees much farther away ( almost 4 feet farther ).

I was hoping to avoid the extra length and havent heard how others deal with this.

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scbron View Post
    The clark is different from the other hammocks because the ridgeline has to hang higher to support the weather shield. This means the descending ring has to be about 20" away from the end of the hammock which means you have to use trees much farther away ( almost 4 feet farther ).

I was hoping to avoid the extra length and havent heard how others deal with this.
    i made my own suspension here is a link.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15661

it is basically a cord(amsteel) with a whoopie on each end.the desender rings,that connect the chain links to the suspension are located inside the whoopies.the whoopies burys become part of the hammocks ridgeline.
    i have slept in it about 8 times.the biggest problem as you said is the desender rings need to be about 20 inches above.that means the suspension has to be higher up the tree then it was with the rope suspension.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scbron View Post

Could you seperate the weather shield and hang it independent of the hammock? Thats what many Hennessey owners do.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    OK... Ive been looking at the Clark Website... It looks as if you could use the loop in the webbing at the sling/webbing connection to attach the weather shield line. Or add a prusik somewhere on the sling to attach to. I am not that familiar with the Clark set-up and I thought what is called the weather shield was the tarp. I see now its integral to the hammock....

Anyone wanna send me their Clark so I can do some R&D? I know its alot to ask... I can put up my oldest child as collateral. I gotta say though.. hes going through his rebellion stage....Just a heads up.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    OK.. I just ordered an NX-200. Ill get everything figured out and produce the proper suspension system.
    Last edited by opie; 05-12-2010 at 07:36.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    OK... Ive been looking at the Clark Website... It looks as if you could use the loop in the webbing at the sling/webbing connection to attach the weather shield line. Or add a prusik somewhere on the sling to attach to. I am not that familiar with the Clark set-up and I thought what is called the weather shield was the tarp. I see now its integral to the hammock....
    I've put whoopies on my Clark hammock and on the Clark tarp (which I keep seperate from the hammock). I've put the gray rope that comes with the clark as the tie outs (or is that tie-ups??) for the bugnetting/weathershield. So far what I've come across is... Sometimes, it depends on how far apart the trees are that I'm tieing to... sometimes I'll have the hammock and tarp connected to the same tree strap loop. Sometimes not. Sometimes the gray rope for the netting/weathershield is tied to the same place too. Sometimes not, it'll be way below. Sometimes I'll have the hammock & tarp in the same strap loop but then move the tarp up higher if the weather changes and is hotter. Cooler, wetter weather, I try to keep my hammock & tarp connected as close together as possible. I've found that I have to be able to adjust my setup as the weather and trees dictate. For me, I've not found one setup that is constant.

TinaLouise

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    OK.. I just ordered an NX-200. Ill get everything figured out and produce the proper suspension system.
    Remember to try it with trees set at different distances. Can't wait to see how you do with this..... What tarp are you using?

TinaLouise

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast