DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Tina, I ordered it without a tarp because I have my BWDD tarp. But now that I read your post, and realize most that order a Clark will also order one of the Clark tarps, I may need to call and add the tarp to my order.

What are the normal shipping times for Clark? I see them based in Utah but their shipping times on their site make it seem like they ship from overseas.

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Tina, I ordered it without a tarp because I have my BWDD tarp. But now that I read your post, and realize most that order a Clark will also order one of the Clark tarps, I may need to call and add the tarp to my order.

What are the normal shipping times for Clark? I see them based in Utah but their shipping times on their site make it seem like they ship from overseas.
    wow opie that is going the extra mile,ordering a setup so you can meet your costomers and fellow hf members needs.the tarp is an intregal part of how this hammock hangs.it is hard to open the weathershield fully when the suspension is changed.mine has been a little saggy since i changed it.can not wait to see what you come up with.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    lone, I did call them and added a tarp.

In fact, I splurged a little... I just got off the phone with them and upgraded to the Camo set-up. Im not much of a camo person...but figured Id give it a go.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB
    Tarp
    GG, DIY
    Insulation
    CCF + 40* mummy
    Suspension
    Amsteel UCR
    Images
    What if you put a descender ring jut past the bury on the non adjusting side of the whoopie. Then you could connect the ridgeline via the descender rings so the required bury section is in the required pre-ridgeline section

Lame attempt at an image attached:

What do you think Opie, doable?
    you could do this with the descender ring as a sliding ring on that side of the whoopie also (that's what I would do) but it is easier to illustrate with the two colors.
    Share files across all your devices with Dropbox (that's where I keep my Hangin' pics)
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTU3OTM3ODc5

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Phat... I think the easiest way to do what you illustrated would be to have a eye to eye sling come from the hammock to the ring. From the ring up to the webbing you could have a whoopie sling.

Im actually getting excited about getting it because its starting to sound like a challenge. Ive already got some ideas...but need to see the entire system before I commit to anything. My main goal will be simplicity. Secondary goal will be to shave weight.

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phatpenguin View Post
    What if you put a descender ring jut past the bury on the non adjusting side of the whoopie. Then you could connect the ridgeline via the descender rings so the required bury section is in the required pre-ridgeline section

Lame attempt at an image attached:

What do you think Opie, doable?
    you could do this with the descender ring as a sliding ring on that side of the whoopie also (that's what I would do) but it is easier to illustrate with the two colors.
    phatpenguin good idea
    i think this may be a good space saving solution.it is definately worth trying.and would be a simple change for someone who has the whoopie with a locked brummel attached directly to there hammock allready.i have a hundred feet of amsteel just sitting here,maybe i will try it.
    this may be better than the way i was doing it(post 15 this thread) as the ridge sag ajustment would be easier,and lighter. also you could move the ring up or down to fine tune the weather shield .
    amazeing how many differant ways things can be done.
    drawing is very understandable to me nice job on it.
    Last edited by lonetracker; 05-12-2010 at 15:52. Reason: added last sentance

Clark Hammock Ridgeline

These ideas appear to be the best solutions so far for the Clark. Unfortunately we have all come up with the descending ring ~16" from the end of the hammock which forces us to use trees almost 3' farther apart than without the structural ridgeline. This can be an issue in the densely forested NE.

I am inclined to give up on the ridgeline so that I have more options to hang.

Actually, I am starting to forget why we all wanted the ridgeline in the first place. It does insure getting the same hang every time.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    I got shipping notification... Should be here on the 2nd.

rant on:

I cant stand UPS. It shipped this past Wednesday and its going to take until next Wednesday to get to me from Utah. I realize its a holiday weekend. However, My love/hate relationship with USPS, it still only takes USPS 2 days to get something from WA state to MI.

rant off:

SO stay tuned... Im excited.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    LOL....

Rope Thimble

Its used when joining rope to another object so the radius of the loop in the rope remains in a fixed position.
    I'm going to be making up some all-in one whoopie / dutch clip suspension very soon, and I am planning to use some rigid plastic tubing to make my own rope thimbles. I will heat the plastic and bend it to shape to fit perfectly in the sewn loop in the webbing and provide a nice rope channel.

If that doesn't work, I will bend the whole thing out of kydex, which will give an even more exact fit and be able to be more elaborately shaped.

add to phatpenquins idea

I followed phatpenguins lead with another modification.

I have a clark and am still working out the ridgeline question. Instead of a ring above the bury in phatpenquins drawing, I added a small prussik loop to make it easier to raise and lower the height of the ridgeline.

This new whoopie means there is a lot more adjustable length available in the whoopie and I like it a lot better.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast