Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member jonesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    central Ks.
    Hammock
    HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    213

    can you say crowsnest?

    So the delivery guy secretly delivered a white little package today.. whoot got me crowsnest.. this thing is absolutly amazing.the stiching is real nice! i did set it up right away of course .it fits perfectly on my WBBB .oh yes ill be sleeping with it tonight.. altho i was a bit disapointed,, i dont see stormcrows custom tag on it anywhere.but either way this thing is def the dogs pants! i havent used it yet but im real proud to own it..you can really tell some time went into making this thing.other than no tag its flawless! the stiching is exactly how bablefish describes in his videos.well hes who acually sold me on the uq.so thanks to him aswell..
    thanks ADAM!!! haveing my uq arive today was a really nice way to top off an already nice day!!
    sorry for the rant but man this uq is soooo nice..

  2. #2
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    10,111
    Images
    3
    Got one myself a little over a week ago .. I know how you feel. Sweet quilt and great workmanship. Going to take mine to the Linville Gorge next weekend!

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

  3. #3
    Senior Member Wa-Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State
    Hammock
    HH Exped Mod #2
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Burrow in the Nest
    Suspension
    8ft WhoOPies
    Posts
    142
    How long did it take to get your quilts from order to doorstep?

  4. #4
    Senior Member jonesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    central Ks.
    Hammock
    HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Wa-Hangman View Post
    How long did it take to get your quilts from order to doorstep?
    i ordered on the 7th of last month..so whats that ?31 days? the wait sucks but now its over . it really wasnt that bad..and very worth the wait..i dont want stormcrow to raise prices but honestly i kinda feel guilty ? like i stole something lol or didnt pay enough for what i got. i liked your video btw hawkeye on the zipper mod..
    Last edited by jonesy; 05-08-2010 at 21:06.

  5. #5
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,108
    for the price they are a steal......
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  6. #6
    stormcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,519
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    altho i was a bit disapointed,, i dont see stormcrows custom tag on it anywhere.
    There are a few of you out there that did not get the labels. I have been getting so many out recently that I did not check my label stock and before I knew it I only had a small handful left. The order did not get here in time for me to get them on a few of the unlucky. Or should I say...Lucky! The ones that did not get a label are getting one sent to them....sewn onto a hammock pillow.. Unless you don't want it. We are starting to make hammock pillows and the first few have been rolling out (10 x 16). We make them to match your quilt(s).

    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    i dont want stormcrow to raise prices but honestly i kinda feel guilty ? like i stole something lol or didnt pay enough for what i got.
    I feel like I have been robbed!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member jonesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    central Ks.
    Hammock
    HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    There are a few of you out there that did not get the labels. I have been getting so many out recently that I did not check my label stock and before I knew it I only had a small handful left. The order did not get here in time for me to get them on a few of the unlucky. Or should I say...Lucky! The ones that did not get a label are getting one sent to them....sewn onto a hammock pillow.. Unless you don't want it. We are starting to make hammock pillows and the first few have been rolling out (10 x 16). We make them to match your quilt(s).



    I feel like I have been robbed!!
    no no i didnt type that out loud.. did i? but seriously im really glad i ordered the crowsnest .it fit perfect i didnt have to mess with really at all .. cinch the ends and thats it .if i set to my sholders it covers down just below my knees . .. yeah the wait was worth it.and the one i got really fits nice on the BB.ill also be useing the uq under a HH .oh the stuff sack is real nice aswell .. and like i said before and ill say it again .. i cant say enough good things about the service ive gotten from whom i ordered from ..
    http://www.theperfecttrees.com/index.html
    OPIE (i couldnt get his link to work)
    http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/
    so thanks again ill be passing some good words ..
    ill try to get some pics up in the morn..

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bearpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ooltewah, TN
    Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/HH Incubat
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Posts
    435
    Images
    17
    I have a WB Yeti for 3-season and a Speer Snugfit for winter, but my wife has managed to pretty much claim one or the other for every trip we go on together.

    I'm beginning to see a CrowsNest and Incubator in OD green in my future for my own trips. I wonder how low a temperature I could get down to with those two layered beneath me?!

  9. #9
    Senior Member DocBurN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    So the delivery guy secretly delivered a white little package today.. whoot got me crowsnest.. this thing is absolutly amazing.the stiching is real nice! i did set it up right away of course .it fits perfectly on my WBBB .oh yes ill be sleeping with it tonight.. altho i was a bit disapointed,, i dont see stormcrows custom tag on it anywhere.but either way this thing is def the dogs pants! i havent used it yet but im real proud to own it..you can really tell some time went into making this thing.other than no tag its flawless! the stiching is exactly how bablefish describes in his videos.well hes who acually sold me on the uq.so thanks to him aswell..
    thanks ADAM!!! haveing my uq arive today was a really nice way to top off an already nice day!!
    sorry for the rant but man this uq is soooo nice..
    Congrats on your crowsnest.. im also on the waiting boat and have great expedition planned for that UQ.. and it will save space in my backpack compared to my actual setup.. more backpack space worth gold in my book.

    I wonder if i am on the "no-custom-tag" batch list

  10. #10
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,633
    Images
    62
    That tag just adds weight....!!!
    .3 gram. That could just break ya'.....
    Hope to see you soon Stormy!
    Happy Mother's Day to Jenny!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

Similar Threads

  1. WTB winter crowsnest
    By TNhitman in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 22:12
  2. Which Crowsnest?
    By optimator in forum Bottom Insulation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 06:13
  3. Crowsnest 3S-3/4 five-day test
    By Jsaults in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 20:13
  4. Got my Crowsnest!!!
    By TraumaRN in forum Bottom Insulation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 09:39
  5. A look at the crowsnest
    By trigger hurt in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 17:08

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •