Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    Hey everyone! Just checking in with y'all...sorry I've been kinda MIA. Yes, I hit the half way mark at Pine Grove Furnace on thursday. It's been an amazing trip so far, really enjoying seeing the seasons change. We had snow for the first month and a half, and now the forest has finally come alive Lots of green, mountain laurel, animals, snakes and everything else one would expect to find in the woods (no dwarves yet...I think I need to get up earlier to catch one ) My gear has held up great. I slept in my BB, Incubator, and Brandon's TQ and stayed warm all through the winter in well below 0, snowy conditions. Dutch helped me out with a topcover, which helped as well. Had a ton of snow to shovel out and stomp down, but all that hard work was well worth many sound nights of sleep.

I have to apologize in advance for anyone interested in reading my trailjournal. I'm not the greatest at updating that thing This is a link to my friend Roosters website, he's a professional photographer http://benbenvieblog.com/
    http://benbenvieblog.com/

I'm hanging with Dutch (the greatest hiker in the world and easy on the eyes), slackpacking boiling springs to duncannon, and yes it looks relatively easy. 25 miles, not a whole lot of ups and downs

McIntyre, Thank you so much for the UQ I go away for just a few months and already there is another product up and running. The craftmanship on your quilt is awesome. Dutch is trying it out tonight, I can't wait to get my hands on it That thing is so lightweight!

I've rambled on far too long. Just wanted to thank you guys for your support, Jerry, thanks for providing the update!
    You look SO HAPPY and STRONG out there !!!!!!!!!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Excellent photography!!! How cool is that, Snow White hiking w/ a professional photographer & having such cool pictures to remember her trip by!!!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    No kidding... that Ben fellow has some fantastic photos!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I find I am curious as to what photo gear he is using- obviously pro level camera and lenses, but what type/brand specifically?
    some amazing shots posted! ( how many passed over? we may never know..)
    KM

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl Coyote Brown
    Tarp
    Superfly, MacCat
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3UQ,Yeti
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KerMegan View Post
    I find I am curious as to what photo gear he is using- obviously pro level camera and lenses, but what type/brand specifically?
    some amazing shots posted! ( how many passed over? we may never know..)
    KM
    I do large format landscape photography with a wooden view camera, and I was interested, too, because I'm looking to drop about 50 lbs worth of gear when I go from wood to digital.

I wrote Ben and asked him. It's a Canon 5D Mark II with a 35mm 1.4 lens. He placed Camera Armor on the camera to protect it. Very nice shots.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but the Canon S90 looks like an awesome backpacking camera (not in the same league as this camera, though). OK, enough camera talk...back to the regularly scheduled program...

Salty

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Thank you very much! ( and the rest of you folks. please pardon the digression...) KM

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345