Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge/DD Travel
    Tarp
    Kathmandu/Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped/DIY UB
    Ooooh, really nice upgrade to the one I saw at Loch Ken , which was in itself really cool. Mine is soooo last year now .

How do you find the poly microfibre, I see you finally found a subdued colour

Ditto the foot spreader at 24", the original 18" I found quite restricting.

Brilliant use of the toggle and the rope shackle on your suspension.

Bug net, Hmm not sure on that one, if you had internal insulation no worries, an under blanket may cause issues, a 3/4 might work, feeding the bungee between the hammock and the u/blanket once your in as you so ably demonstrated

I must admit my bug net is a bit more substantial, (bigger) you've been here you know what the midges are like I've designed mine so I can sit upright inside my hammock and get dressed before venturing outside its protection, the less bare skin exposed the better

Really looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

Cheers

Stephen

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Nice Grizz! Any hopes of me finding pink camo poly microfiber? I love seeing your suspension systems. Always something never before seen...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Images
    Cool innovations Grizz. What's the idea behind the diamond knot instead of just attaching the suspension permanently? Do you have many hammocks, and one set of suspension that you use for all of them by attaching at the diamond knots? I've been making my suspension almost exactly like you have done here, except not removable via the diamond knot.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    As always ... great video and informative ... man the bridge hammock is getting harder to resist trying.

Oh and clever bug net rig!
    You cannot resist, you will yield to the Bridge Force

Quote Originally Posted by ExPXGUY View Post
    I was wondering what you've been up to the last few weeks. Thanks for taking the bridge to the next level and sharing your expertise. Always fun to see where you're headed next.
    Thanks. Been holed up with the day job a lot, but do get to spend some time in Grizz Hammock Engineering Ltd Skunkworks Laboratory

Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    Why tempt me griz? I can't buy one!
    How about trying "Get thee behind me Satan!"

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I just gotta add, the head end of the Grizzbridge is so roomy.

If only I could get some time to enjoy it!!!!
    Thanks opie. Note to others: opie is linebacker size. He says he does that cord breaking strength testing with a hydraulic pull, but actually he just puts a strain tester on the cord and rips it apart by pumping his biceps

Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    Thanks Grizz...I'm loving it! (I'll be loving it more soon enough!)
    Too true. Told you your hammock would be famous.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    I've seen Shug's Grizz Bridge up close and laid in it. Felt much narrower in the shoulders than my BB but it's a nice design and fantastic workmanship.
    Thanks, I've been practicing. Just started in on my 3rd Speers "lifetime" spindle of 6000 yds of thread
    At the time I sent shug the bridge hammock I didn't have the microfiber polyester. Makes a lot of difference, very much reduced stretching. The material I used in shug's stretches a lot. ... There is definitely more room in a Blackbird, but what you laid in may have closed in around you more than another one would.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBait View Post
    Very clever design. You build 'em and they will come.

SmokeBait
    Thanks. Saw "Field of Dreams" just last week. So if I build this thing, ghosts will come. Or those that come turn into ghosts....hmm...I gotta think about that business model....

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Great design! It's getting to the point where I think even I could make one and the weight is great too. Thanks for the video, Grizz.
    Of course you can HC. And after I make the "How to Build a GrizzBridge" video series, you'll have no excuses for not making one!

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    To paraphrase Pedro (actually Bender), " Slick! ... No wait, the other thing ... 'Elegant!'"
    Elegant...I like that....

Quote Originally Posted by Gailainne View Post
    Ooooh, really nice upgrade to the one I saw at Loch Ken , which was in itself really cool. Mine is soooo last year now .

How do you find the poly microfibre, I see you finally found a subdued colour
    There was a thread on this material from Rockywoods a while back. I paid attention!

Ditto the foot spreader at 24", the original 18" I found quite restricting.
    Yes, with 24" the lower portion is just a bit more open, but I still get the various advantages of a narrow foot.

Brilliant use of the toggle and the rope shackle on your suspension.
    thanks. The whole series of postings on the soft shackle fired off some synapses that showed me there was an elegant solution to a problem I'd had for a while w.r.t. detachable suspension.

Bug net, Hmm not sure on that one, if you had internal insulation no worries, an under blanket may cause issues, a 3/4 might work, feeding the bungee between the hammock and the u/blanket once your in as you so ably demonstrated
    The mitten hook (with the prong cut off, so it just hooks w/o needing to push to prong) hooks on the side of the hammock. So when setting up you need only work the elastic under the body once. When you unhook on one side, you just hang the clip off the webbing on that side.

I must admit my bug net is a bit more substantial, (bigger) you've been here you know what the midges are like I've designed mine so I can sit upright inside my hammock and get dressed before venturing outside its protection, the less bare skin exposed the better
    Agreed. The 1/2 length is good for the lowest possible weight, but I like a complete enclosed environment myself. Working on that for this rig. I made this hammock for a gram weenie.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Nice Grizz! Any hopes of me finding pink camo poly microfiber? I love seeing your suspension systems. Always something never before seen...
    Thanks NCP. I'm sure you can find an Asian source for pink camo poly microfiber. Of course, the minimum buy size might be 10,000 meters. Maybe you could work up a group buy

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyboy View Post
    Cool innovations Grizz. What's the idea behind the diamond knot instead of just attaching the suspension permanently? Do you have many hammocks, and one set of suspension that you use for all of them by attaching at the diamond knots? I've been making my suspension almost exactly like you have done here, except not removable via the diamond knot.
    We quants think alike, eh?

Reasons for a detachable suspension

• facilitates put coverings of various kinds over the hammock, e.g., sock.
    • facilitates putting a full length detachable bugnet on the hammock, with re-enforced slots through which the webbing loops extrude. This was my 2009 bugnet design. Probably will make one like that for the 2010 hammock model
    • Stay tuned for Part 3 of the series
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    currently my DIY bridge
    Tarp
    8 x 10 sil tarp
    Insulation
    DIY tq,pads
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Thanks, Grizz. Just in time, too. After seeing your bridge at the hang, I knew I would need to try one. So I built my first bridge (as in first of many?) and am thinking about how I want to add end caps and bug net. I think I might follow you bug net idea, still not sure about caps. You goin' to tell us all this?

I like the removable suspension. It was fun putting all that together once, but if I build another it would be nice to switch out. Next time I guess....

Nice video and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Like that suspension. Very elegant with the second arm of the suspension triangle spliced in and the soft shackles/diamond knot attachment. Kudos.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I am your student
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Grizz, you're such an awesome contributor! You could very easily keep all these ideas to yourself, but you share share share. I'll be looking forward to the build-a-grizz videos!

Keep being awesome!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB lightweight Dbl - Blue
    Tarp
    Warbonnet MiniFly
    Insulation
    3 Season Wookie
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Whoopies
    Images
    the only thing that keeps me from picking up a bridge hammock is that according to manufacturer claims i'm too heavy for one (290pounds)... thats the only thing that keeps me from hanging in one.

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    Very cool! And I don't even like bridges! I am very curious about the ridgeline attachment, I couldn't wrap my head around it from the video alone. Maybe a diagram?

Acer
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast