Question Looking for hardware

I am looking for some nexus hardware shown on their site, Wanting to play around with them for tarp attachment points, have some on a Kelty tent and am thinking they would be handy on a tarp, they are pretty slick on the tent for tension on the fly and want to see if they would hold up to the dynamics of a tensioned tarp using shock cord in lieu of line.

Have any of you ever seen them from any of the usual suppliers for "stuff" that we use? Having a hard time finding them from a supplier over the counter, not wanting a gross of them just enough to mess with to see if it's viable as a way to tension lines to a tarp.

Not wanting to reinvent the wheel here so if this has been tried give me your insights, I looked around but didn't find any thing.

http://www.itwnexus.com/images/items/0136.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...GYNIbIMpTpgesL

Not too sure what brand they carry? But you could check REI, as I know they sell small part's 'n' stuff like this, just not too sure if they have that exact brand or the like!?!?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I just got a bag of 100 of the line locks in this week. PM me and I can give you a price for what ever you need of them.

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    You can also get them from Quest Outfitters.
    http://www.questoutfitters.com/plastic.htm
    Down near the bottom.

Acer

ETA: They work great on tarps. I have them on all mine. In high winds, I sometimes have to put a slippery half hitch behind the ridgeline ones, but only in very windy situations.
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Thanks Acer
    was all over that site looking and have ordered from them in the past, If I had only known

If you're testing, you can order up to 5 free direct from ITW.

Looks like this is what you're looking for. Write down the item number.

Then go here and follow the instructions.

First post - glad I'm able to offer some assistance...

BTW I have a HH A-Sym & my son has a Scout. I'm converting to the ring buckle suspension, but today REI didn't have enough of the descender rings so I had to order some.

Thanks Jonathan
    Yes I had already made the sample order from ITW. A pm from Paul tells me these need 3mm cord or better, maybe Acer will chime in on what cord he uses as it seems he has gone here before me, waiting on a pm reply from Paul to see if he can get the LineLoc 3 WSR without breaking the bank as it seems he has the LineLoc 3 on hand, if he can get the LineLoc 3 WSR will place an order with him to have on hand to mess with, again thanks for the help, much appreciated

Tom Morgan

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.7 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB 3S Yeti
    Suspension
    strap/buckle
    I have those guy line adjusters on my -cough-cough- Contrail tarptent. I use TripTease cord and it works great.

Rick

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    I have Linelocs on all the tieouts on my tarps.
    I've used paracord on them, which hold very well.
    I've used 2mm "trot line", I think it's a fly fishing line of some sort, that I got on ebay, that held well too.
    I've used 2.2mm Zing-It, and it holds quite well as well, although it tends to creep a bit. I back up my RL ones with a slippery half hitch.

I just did some "in hand" tests, and 3.75mm accessory cord holds well, and 1.4mm cord is too small, as is 1.75mm red Zing-It.

Hope that answers some questions for ya!

Acer
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Thanks Acer
    Just what I needed to know, will help when I get them on hand to try a few 'in hand tests" my self

• + New Posts