WBBB Dbl 1.1, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe, SWT
    Insulation
    Te-wa TQ+UQ, MW3
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I was on this trip with drewboy and was testing my new insultex UQ as well. I would rate this quilt around 40 degrees. Had to get up around midnight to put my down uq on. The only other improvement that could be made would be to be able to attach the foot end so that it doesn't slip out from under my feet as I lay diagonally in my hammock. A little more shoulder girth would be nice, but I am a bigger guy. Thanks for the innovative product. It's going to be an awesome addition to my summer kit

Angelo

I've been sleeping with my IX UQ for about a week and a half now. Very happy and comfortable. Like pisanodc, I'm a big guy, 6'2", 260# and a little more width would have been nice. I rigged the top and bottom with a connected rope to keep it from sliding out when sleeping diagonal and moving around. I've been comfortable in the high 40's. For me, about as cold as I would take it would be about 45 or so, but I sleep cold.

Great product, great price.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    Man this is cool, someone needs to make one for winter so we can see how heavy a winter version is.
    For winter, you just add layers of IX and maybe a weathershield.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Well, I tried out my IX underquilt again last weekend. The overnight temp got down to around 40 degrees, but it was also pretty breezy out. I ended up having to switch out to my down underquilt in the middle of the night when I got too cold. I'll definitely need to get some more experience with this piece of gear before I'd feel comfortable taking it down to these temps without a backup along.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Did you check to see if you could have had it hung too tight, Drewboy? That's the easiest way to get a cold spot.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Hi Mac. I had it hung on my Traveler similar to last time by attaching the shockcord ends with a mini biner to the amsteel right where it meets the whipping. I suppose I'd have to lengthen the shockcord to get it to hang any looser. One thing that seemed different from last time is I was messing with the foot end a bit more and ended up sliding the shockcord on one side over my feet to keep it positioned better. Perhaps that created more tension than before and contributed to my cold spots.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    You want the edges tight, and the bottom loose. You do need to biaas the suspension in order to keep it on your feet. It may be that the suspension needs to be lengthened. Try it and let me know!

Also, The IX UQ for the BB is the biggest I make... the Traveler is the same size on the bottom, I believe.
    - MacEntyre
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12