BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    bern... I have a clark nx200 on the way. I plan to come up with an entire suspension system for it that :

A) Simplifies set-up
    B) Reduces weight.

I hope to have it this week....
    Can't wait to see how you do this. Yesterday I finally finished my suspension system for my Clark. I've now got on each end, 3 whoopies (red amsteel on one end, silver on the other). The hardest one for me to figure out was the one coming from the netting to the tree. I ended up making a shorter whoopie (started with 8' of rope). I put a really small dead end loop at one end. I left the shock cord that's part of the netting ropes but attached it directly to the netting (I had to move one end's shock cord but the other end was already in the right place). The dead end loop is attached to the hook coming off the shockcord. The working end of the whoopie, I put it into the same binner that's coming from the hammock whoopie. They now stay together, connected by the binner. The binner is then connected to the tree strap. Take down, I unclip the binner and the whoopies stay connected in the binner. Wrap up the whoopie /binner into the hammock and pack it up. I've tried this out on trees set at different distances apart and so far, so good!! It has been more difficult to get the netting just right when the trees have been closer together, but it's been doable. Can't wait to see how you end up making yours though.

TinaLouise

Hammock
    Clark
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HGWinter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Ah ok. Maybe being so close to the ground and having the head end so open lead to the splash back. I'm pretty tall, so the hammock is quite high off the ground when I sit in it with straight thighs, but we get so much wind here that there isnt much choice in terms of pitch unless you can find some really good shelter, so the tarp is generally quite vertical, pitch wise. I like the clark tarp, but want something a touch bigger, but not THAT much bigger if you see what I mean. I want to be able to sit in it and cook, spread gear out comfortable rather than cram everything underneath.

I've just bought more silnylon and all the other bits and pieces but need to make the template for the new tarp which is a pain with the cat curves bit and the plotting etc. Still, I'll post up a pic when it's made.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    So it's supposed to rain here in the DC area this weekend. I plan on setting my hammock up in the park several times to test out my setup. I think I'm gonna go with Opie's guylines for the tarp tie outs and I'll decide what I want to do with the ridgeline after this weekend most likely.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions so far, they've been helpful. One step close to a quick setup/teardown...

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    Can't wait to see how you do this. Yesterday I finally finished my suspension system for my Clark. I've now got on each end, 3 whoopies (red amsteel on one end, silver on the other). The hardest one for me to figure out was the one coming from the netting to the tree. I ended up making a shorter whoopie (started with 8' of rope). I put a really small dead end loop at one end. I left the shock cord that's part of the netting ropes but attached it directly to the netting (I had to move one end's shock cord but the other end was already in the right place). The dead end loop is attached to the hook coming off the shockcord. The working end of the whoopie, I put it into the same binner that's coming from the hammock whoopie. They now stay together, connected by the binner. The binner is then connected to the tree strap. Take down, I unclip the binner and the whoopies stay connected in the binner. Wrap up the whoopie /binner into the hammock and pack it up. I've tried this out on trees set at different distances apart and so far, so good!! It has been more difficult to get the netting just right when the trees have been closer together, but it's been doable. Can't wait to see how you end up making yours though.

TinaLouise
    Im getting antsy for it to arrive. It sounds like youve got yours dialed in... Its hard for me to visualize what you have going on right now. Im sure itll make more sense once I have it in my hands.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bernc3 View Post
    So it's supposed to rain here in the DC area this weekend. I plan on setting my hammock up in the park several times to test out my setup. I think I'm gonna go with Opie's guylines for the tarp tie outs and I'll decide what I want to do with the ridgeline after this weekend most likely.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions so far, they've been helpful. One step close to a quick setup/teardown...
    OT...

I so miss DC. I spent most of my formidable years in DC, either as a landscaper or as a courier.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    Im getting antsy for it to arrive. It sounds like youve got yours dialed in... Its hard for me to visualize what you have going on right now. Im sure itll make more sense once I have it in my hands.
    I think I'm more antsy for yours to arrive than you are

You'll be happy with the Clark Hammock I think. It's a little heavier then most hammocks but they really have a high level of craftsmanship and make great all-season hammocks.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    OT...

I so miss DC. I spent most of my formidable years in DC, either as a landscaper or as a courier.
    A bit more OT..

I'm originally from NYC and what to school down at VaTech. I honestly can't wait to get back to a smaller area; I think Raleigh, NC is my next jump. Now to just find a new job!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12