poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps

Video: Inside review of JRB BMBH

Hey guys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpArS1Xwbb0

So i shot this video of me just haggin inside my BMBH this afternoon and went over what i thought about chillin in my hammock. Went over a few pros and cons.. maybe yall can help me out answering some questions i brought up in the vid. Any input would be great... Thanks

P.S. i also bought a thermacell the other day because of the reviews i have read on the things... and as far as i can tell from the limited experience that I had with it today, it certainly lives up to it lofty expectations... i was getting hammered by skeeters before i lit this thing up and then i didnt get bit once... if you were to spray on alittle repellent i think you r in pretty good shape in terms of getting swarmed by bugs.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH w/ 2Q 3-zipper mod
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3, HR on top
    Suspension
    WhoOpiesling!
    Images
    Thanks for making the video - I agree, the omnitape kind of sucks . . .I sent mine up to 2Q/ZQ to get modded with zippers for easier entry/exit.

I wonder how some kind of ridge line could be created to hang a gear organizer or headlamp above you while in the hammock. . . .hmmm.

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    no problem... ya i have already started thinking about ridge line set ups (that is if i dont return it because of that gap in the stitching on one side)

if you dont plan on using your bug net you could just run a line from the center rings on the suspension on either side, still would not hang as high as a built in ridge line like in a HH or a WB though, I guess you could use one with your bug net... just would have to reach around it while inside to get to your stuff

Hammock
    JRB BMBH w/ 2Q 3-zipper mod
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3, HR on top
    Suspension
    WhoOpiesling!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    no problem... ya i have already started thinking about ridge line set ups (that is if i dont return it because of that gap in the stitching on one side)

if you dont plan on using your bug net you could just run a line from the center rings on the suspension on either side, still would not hang as high as a built in ridge line like in a HH or a WB though, I guess you could use one with your bug net... just would have to reach around it while inside to get to your stuff
    Gear pocket organizer about 2/3 down the page here:

http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/id62.html

slung down one side towards the foot end. Moveable, can switch sides, could be the ticket . . .

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    Well,

Ive boxed up by BMBH to send back to the Jacks. Had no issues with setting up the return (actually it might be the easiest return i have ever done on a product through the mail). Jacks r better has been a real pleasure to work with and seem to have great businesses operations. However, it is unfortunate that this hammock did not work out for me. There are alot of features that were great and made for a suitable camping hammock. But between the stretching on the seam and the hassle of the bug net this was not going to work out. I gave it a try and just didnt pan out as i envisioned it when i originally purchased this hammock. Sometimes its best to move on try something new. I want to thank the jacks for giving me the opportunity to check out there great hammock and everyone on this forum for the input. Definitely going to look into purchasing a new hammock.. but not exactly sure what direction i am going to go in. Ill keep ya posted. Thanks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Well,

Ive boxed up by BMBH to send back to the Jacks. Had no issues with setting up the return (actually it might be the easiest return i have ever done on a product through the mail). Jacks r better has been a real pleasure to work with and seem to have great businesses operations. However, it is unfortunate that this hammock did not work out for me. There are alot of features that were great and made for a suitable camping hammock. But between the stretching on the seam and the hassle of the bug net this was not going to work out. I gave it a try and just didnt pan out as i envisioned it when i originally purchased this hammock. Sometimes its best to move on try something new. I want to thank the jacks for giving me the opportunity to check out there great hammock and everyone on this forum for the input. Definitely going to look into purchasing a new hammock.. but not exactly sure what direction i am going to go in. Ill keep ya posted. Thanks
    I know where you are coming from, Eric. When I got mine a couple of years ago, it was so different I freaked and sent it back. I later had 2nd thoughts on that and got another one. It has become one of my favorite hammocks in many ways. Mine also has the light showing through the stitches, but so far so good, it has not worsened. And the Net kind of grew on me, hated it at first(or at least the Omni tape) but decided it is not so bad considering weight and the ability to take it off completely when it is cold(no bugs). I think you maybe were referring to me, when you said some one over here folded the net down like a blanket? Any way, that's what I do, and half the time I don't even bother with closing up all of the Omnitape, I just let it hang inside with me.

great video, BTW! One of the best BMBH videos I've seen, even though you were going to send it back.

So, what are you going to get now?

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    RollTide:
    Nice vid. Where were you hanging at? Got any plans for the weekend, I'm trying to get several folks to go with me to the MLW, TN hang that NEO is putting on this weekend.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    BBG,

Not sure yet.. just got back from a buddies bachelor party down in NOLA this past weekend and am sill going through a bit of a detox...Ill try to get back to u tomorrow with an idea.. i would like to hear the details though, if you would send me the string on that... BTW, just slung it up in the back yard.. tryin to get some practice with the tri-glides before i get out in the woods.

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Nice video, That seam that is showing light through it does concern me enough that I would send it back. As you said "it won't get any beter"

Take care,
    Bluefin

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    Bluefin,

thanks for the input... i guess that one would only notice it during the day because light does come through... and it seems that it is only on that side of the hammock and not the other side. I probably will shoot an email over to the jacks tomorrow and see what they have to say, but like i said i dont see that gap shrinking over time

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast