DIY Speer-type
    Tarp
    modded SG 12' x12'
    Insulation
    CCF and DAM
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    You can find a trip report that I posted on the national park in the USVI here: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...highlight=USVI
    "Interesting! No, wait, the other thing.....tedious!"- Bender Bending Rodriques

Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing
    Wisenber, please put me on your list. I prefer first class but am willing to downgrade for the team if I must. I will, however, be very put out by your downgrade in our friendship.

HAHA... thanks for the pics of Cook Islands & Tahiti! Both are places I plan to visit someday; living in Hawaii and traveling Micronesia makes me want to see other parts of the South Pacific.

Anyhow, you guys are getting the idea of what I'm looking for. Would be so amazing to jump on one of those good fares over to the Caribbean and setting up camp, throwing a line out in the water, drink some bourbon, and forget about life in the city. Not to mention relaxing in a hammock with the best possible weather imaginable.

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Whoopiesling
    Lots of nice hangs here in Guam. Here are a couple pics from my hikes. Plan on doing a trip report next time I go out. The beach is nice, but hiking inland is a little tricky as far as finding a spot that isn't extremely hot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pedro, thank you so much for the info. Your trip report was great. I think my favorite line was The only ice I saw was in my drink. This is exactly what Im looking for. This last year I have made it out of the city, explored a lot of the northeast, and just need a change of scenery. How did you come to find that spot in the USVI?

VagrantSalt, yeah, Id love to go to Guam. Problem though, I want to rock a holiday weekend + a day and the closest tropical island camping would be the Caribbean. Id use all those days just flying there. ha. Amazing pictures though; makes me miss Hawaii allot.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    You know, I'm surprised nobody automatically responded with "Of course not, there's pirates there!"

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter
    Insulation
    down bag, pad
    Suspension
    strap,biner,D-ring

Hammock
    DIY Speer-type
    Tarp
    modded SG 12' x12'
    Insulation
    CCF and DAM
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crujones View Post
    Pedro, thank you so much for the info. Your trip report was great. I think my favorite line was The only ice I saw was in my drink. This is exactly what Im looking for. This last year I have made it out of the city, explored a lot of the northeast, and just need a change of scenery. How did you come to find that spot in the USVI?
    My mother-in-law is in the habit of renting a condo down there for a couple of weeks a year. My wife and I had gone down and stayed there a couple of times, and we both love the island, we just couldn't afford to rent anything. That's actually how I got into hammock camping, trying to make camping attractive enough to my wife so that it became a viable travel option. It worked.
    "Interesting! No, wait, the other thing.....tedious!"- Bender Bending Rodriques

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images

On the "List": St John USVI, Bequia & Molokai, HI

Couple resources for St John: "St John Off the Beaten Track", By Gerald Singer and trailbandit.org (bob garrison)

Continental last week had a limited number of seats for early Nov for $531 from MSP to St.Thomas. The catch was +24hours flying or waiting and visiting 4 airports. Opportunity to hang a hammock in an airport .

Molokai has an added cost. Car rental or hoping for lift from a friendly local. But the costs for camping are free to minimal fees. If at least couple more people are interested in Molokai, the Wailau to Pelekuno trail would be possible. Bit on the edgy side. Access via private property to the Wailau trail in the past has required more than one person for safety reasons. Anyone??

Bequia is the second largest island in the St Vincent and the Grenadines. On my last trip met a native from Bequia. Have yet to visit. I inquired about camping. He laughed! Probably ok, but why was his response. Side note: camouflage clothing is illegal to wear. Not sure about camo hammock gear.
    Noel V.

USVI State Parkk.. P.s coconuts and branches fall off trees!!!
    Beach camping and Microcruising by Ida Walsh and Michael Little