Four of us will be paddling into the St. Regis Canoe Area in the Adirondack Park of upstate NY at the end of this week, and I'm just about ready...

Food for 3 breakfasts, lunches, dinners, plus snacks and drinks...not shown is booze and cigars...

Shelter: MSS green bag, HH tiny tarp, HH (big, but has the bug net built-in), tree-huggers, UL-carabiners

My Hornbeck 14, CF-paddle, PFD, and throwbag

Faks: trauma on the left, boo-boo kit on the right

My miscellaneous gear. Starting at 12: a smaller gear/backpack hammock (which also serves for a chair); at 1 is my Katadyn basecamp water filter and hydration bag; at 3 is a dropper of bleach (for backup water purification) and a 16oz nalgene (which I use for cocoa and iced-tea); at 5 is my poopkit (with lighter and whistle); at 6 is a gorillapod for pics and some pieces of rope; at 7 are a compass and spare, along with a whistle and incendiary bug repellent (in pipe and cigar form); at 9 are headlamp and spare, multitool and knife, and a carabiner for hanging food at night; at 10 is my jetboil stove, insulated food-rehydrating bag and spoon.

from 12: black fleece jacket, white sunhat, yellow raincoat, blue vest, balaclava, polypro long underwear, 5-fingers, bug-headnet, crocs, wool socks, cotton boxers (sleeping), 2 polypro shirts (2 SS, 1 LS), 2 swimsuits, 1 pair lightweight nylon pants

The trip we're going on is described HERE.

All of the gear pictured above fits in a portage pack, which I can wear while hauling the canoe overland from pond to pond...

I'm pretty excited for it, it should be a fun time.

Jamie - nfa