Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FarStar View Post
    I'm trying to install a system like the one beep diagrams at the start of this thread. Chain links and whoopies, with rings permanently affixed to the unadjustable ends, are on. One end of the whoopie for my ridgeline is on, but I'm stumped as to how to attach the other end of the whoopie to the opposite ring. Suggestions?

Thanks.
    Did you build everything or buy it?

If you built the rope work, you need to build the rings in at the points you want them.

If you bought everything and are trying to put it all together..... You can girth hitch/larks head the fixed eye of a sling... But the adjustable loop.... If you want a ring in that is has to be done when its built.

If you need a walk through of how to do that, let me know. It is possible to take the adjustable loop apart and put it back together.

Hammock
    Speer Hammock IIIC
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    Speer SnugFit
    Suspension
    AHE whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Did you build everything or buy it?
    Bought it.

If you built the rope work, you need to build the rings in at the points you want them.
    The rings are built into the fixed end of each whoopie sling for the suspension. These whoopie slings are attached to chain links at each end (at the rings). The only question I have is how to attach the whoopie sling for the ridgeline. Larks heading it onto one ring was easy enough, but I'm stumped as how to do so on the remaining end.

If you bought everything and are trying to put it all together..... You can girth hitch/larks head the fixed eye of a sling... But the adjustable loop.... If you want a ring in that is has to be done when its built.
    No, the rings are attached to the fixed end of the whoopie slings comprising the suspension. After hanging this weekend, I no longer desire to attach the ridgeline whoopie sling to the rings -- too much clutter there already (suspension slings, chain links, and carabiner for my underquilt).

If you need a walk through of how to do that, let me know. It is possible to take the adjustable loop apart and put it back together.
    I can larks head one end of my ridgeline whoopie sling to my hammock or chain link, but I don't know how to attach the opposite end within the limitation of 3 dimensions. If you know how to do that, I could use a walkthrough.

Thanks,

FS

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345