Tarp
    DIY BlackCat
    Insulation
    Flight Jacket/DIY
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie
    I did download Open Office and played around with that trying to see what I could do, but I couldnt get a paragraph of text to remain next to a photo. It would allow the first sentence to stay at the top of a photo, but would drop the next sentence down to the bottom.
    Did you try to right click the image and then play around with the 'wrap' options? You should be able to do what you are wanting to do. Good luck.

Shevy77

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Specifically what Im looking to do is on my website, not the store, is to have the product descriptions next to pictures of the products. Eliminate all the "~~~" that seperate the different descriptions. I want it to flow a bit better. Perhaps do some design work on the store too.....

Id also like to change the background to a somewhat dark color and the text to something along the lines of a pale yellow. Some of this I can do in the Godaddy dashboard, some of it I just cant figure out.

I did download Open Office and played around with that trying to see what I could do, but I couldnt get a paragraph of text to remain next to a photo. It would allow the first sentence to stay at the top of a photo, but would drop the next sentence down to the bottom.

Im not looking for a freebie either. I expect to pay someone to do it.
    You need to learn to insert tables into your pages. Tables won't always show the lines around them, you program that when you set them up, but they are great for keeping things in the place you want them in relationship to each other. A table floating left with a picture and another table in the same row to the right of it with the product description and probably your "add to shopping cart" in the same table cell as the description.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.
    www.bmtguide.com - the BMT Thru Hiker's Guide

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    I used to do design semi-professionally. Nothing I have done is online anymore. There is one I did the Cascading Style Sheets and layout for, but everything else is the owner's responsibility. It's at www.oesm.org

If you want something done and no one else sends you a message, let me know and we'll talk about your desire. My "style" when I did design was similar to this http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007...ssive-designs/ minus the graphics and backgrounds.

Just easy to read text, optimized images and well organized.
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

-- Stuart Adamson

Hammock
    Hennessey Exp Zippereed Dlx A-Sim
    Tarp
    Hennessey 70D "HEX
    Insulation
    BA+Mtn,Hinman pad
    Suspension
    straps & carabiner
    Images
    I agree with Sgt Rock in the use of tables to format the outlook of your pages. Text here, pictures there, never the two to get mixed up. Part of the problem you may be having is that you are using the build a website format that GoDaddy gives you to work with. In some respects this is good, and not so good.

It does allow you to get a website up and running quite easily, it has built in tools for menus, flash, etc that you would have to either purchase individual programs to accomplish within your site, or learn html code to do it yourself. However you are limited as to what they offer you. For example if you cannot find the color for the background offered but they allow you to import in a background, then you will have to create a small jpg with the color you want to use, and import it in and use it for the background. Also if you want to do that with a color of font that is not offered, you will have to place your text on a section using the color you want, color the section the same as the background your using, and import that in as a jpg.

If you go out and purchase Dreamweaver and make your site yourself, you will have to purchase some programs to enhance the experience of being on the site, the flash and zowie-wowie shall we say! Also you could then create your own shopping page using the buttons PayPal gives you and design the shopping page the way you want it to be.

Web pages are never done. Doing a web site is a constantly evolving process. I've changed the one I do 3 different times.
    Greg Dunlap
    Santa Rosa, CA
    38.478156 N
    122.754598 W
    157 feet above sea level

[email protected]

Vietnam Security Police Life Member 361
    366th SPS K-9 Association Webmaster
    Da Nang, RVN TET 1968 - TET 1969
    Blackie 129X

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    OK... I did some reading on advanced set-up of website tonight and found the tables option. Thats exactly what I was after. Still trying to figure out how to change the background color of the page behind the text(table) block. I am able to pick the color of the table background, as well as text. I got one done, now I need to see how they look stacked.

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    You can nest tables inside of tables to better organize text and images. To change the background color of your page, use bgcolor="#000000" substitute the "000000" for whatever color you would like to use.

You can use this page http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorhex.html to find the hex code (that's the 000000) for the color you want.
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

-- Stuart Adamson

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    ful... I just figured out what I think you are talking about. Rather than have say 1, 2 column row, I can just keep adding rows to keep the background color consistent.

I do know about the color codes...but for some reason I cant change the background color of the actual page. I can change the background color of the border..where the green is....but the white I can not figure out how to change.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBB Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images
    Opie,

I am currently maintaining four sites and all have been designed with Wordpress which is free and is compatible with GoDaddy. A lot easier to work with and you can do a basic WYSIWYG or switch over and use xhtml to further define the site. The best one is password protected so I can't show you that one, but go to http://citywatchpac.wordpress.com and see the one for my wife's political action committee.

Let me know if I can help.

pb
    Hammocker Prayer - "Don't every let my wife sell my hammock equipment for what I told her I paid for it."

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    you need to change the body tag:
    <body bgcolor="Silver">
    <p>We set the background...</p>