I've got a SnugFit that acquired a couple of holes from a spitting raucous alchy stove. Each is a couple of inches on the out nylon shell, and I've got original fabric for the repairs. I'm wondering a few things:
1) how crucial is the thread on small patch, you s'pose?
2) I assume I should hem the patches to prevent them from fraying?
3) should I come up with some kind of sealant to prevent down from leaking between the stitches?
4) stitching should be as close together as possible, yes?
5) is there a regulation stitch?