Thread: What to do??

What to do??

On May 6, I emailed Brian as follows:

"Hi Brian: Congrats on your recent graduation and new place! Are you able to make an all black MacCat Deluxe in sil? If so, how much more would it be than the regular price. I am also thinking about getting a MacCat standard(sil) as well. Thanks! Barry"

Within one hour, I received a response:

"Hi Barry, thanks for your kind comments, it sure does feel good to be done, although I am staying for a Master's next year. I sure can make an all black Deluxein silnylon - I actually have some black silnylon in stock and ready to go if you are interested. With graduation coming up, I've got about a two week backorder currently, but I can assure you it your tarp(s) would be going out within/before May 20th."

My response 30 minutes later:

"Sounds great Brian. We have a memorial day weekend trip planned. I would like the Deluxe in black and a standard MacCat as well. Do we just get on and order both and add a note about the black. Just let me know how to proceed and I will do it. Thanks again."

After exchanging emails about how to order and pay I sent him this email:

"Money sent. Thanks Brian."

I have heard nothing since I sent him my money. That after assuring me that I would have my tarps.

I then sent this on May 24:

"Hi Brian: I ordered two tarps in black a few weeks back(May 6 I think) for a memorial day trip and was just checking to see how it was coming. Just got my WBBB and whoopie slings in the mail and am anxious to put everything together:-) Thanks."

Nothing. On May 25, I sent this:

" Brian:

I was just reading over at hammockforums that you're backed up quite a bit. On May 6 when I ordered my tarps, you indicated that they would ship on May 20 and that getting them before memorial day weekend would not be a problem. I sent you my payment shortly thereafter.

My girlfriend and I have been planning our first hang for almost 7 weeks in Dolly Sods, WV. We have ordered and received equipment from Paul at AE, Opie, and Brandon at WB. The only thing we have to have for the weekend is the tarps.

I understand you're busy. I also know from reading around the net that you're a good guy, make exceptional tarps, and would not intentionally mislead me. My question at this point is: Will we receive our tarps, b/c if not, we are going to have to come up with an alternative plan, hopefully not at the last minute.

Any response would be appreciated. Thanks Brian."

I have to be honest that I am more disappointment than angry at this point. I wanted my first post to be about my first hang on memorial day weekend, and not this.

Anyone near Front Royal, VA that would be willing to let me borrow a tarp or two this weekend:-)

If not I'll be carrying my new WBBB AND a tent in case of rain.

What model did you order? I have a basically brand new OES Deluxe I'll maybe sell.

I ordered the deluxe in black and a standard for the gf. I see you have the exact set up I just put together the last few weeks. I also got the GG 41" pad for insulation. You like your set up?

• + New Posts