Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    I used to just clip her onto my main suspension line and call it good but then I got introduced to her camping induced 300yd exclusion zone on night. Any animal that enters it at night will provoke her to rage and she tears off to the edge of her lead at the speed of light. The result was me jumping out of my skin from a dead sleep and nearly being flipped on my face! I thought for a moment that a coyote was attacking or something. It was just a darn possum that kept moving around in the leaves.

She's the sweetest most docile critter on earth normally but at my campsite, woe unto you who tries to sneak around nearby.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    The pooch and I just got back from a one night canoe trip. I slept in my hammock and because it was not very cold (about 10-12 degrees celcius) I put a CCF pad on the ground for her and a light army blanket over top her. Lol...I woke up in the morning to see her on the pad but she had wiggled the blanket off her. When she saw that I was awake she sat up and as I was waking up I could hear her teeth chattering...poor girl would shiver every now and then and when she did you could clearly hear her teeth chatter! I am going to seriously have to work on her hammock set up.

I'm thinking insultex underquilt, top blanket...perhaps insultex again, and I need to put a guy line on the side to increase the hammocks stability...she would not stay in it when I put her in it at home...she actually jumped out as soon as I let go of her.

I felt so bad when I could hear her teeth chatter...she is definetely a cold sleeper.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Bonaparte used to be reluctant to get in his hammock, but now he pesters me to put it up and tries to get in before I've finished. On my recent trip to Laurel Fork I kept him on the leash while he was carrying his pack, but used the retractable leash backwards, with the handle strapped to his pack and the other end clipped to my belt. That worked really well. (That leash is much shorter and lighter than the one we use at home.) In camp I was able to let him run loose. He just stayed close, in guard mode. He may be growing up.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    I'm hoping Tallula will become like that too. When I first introduced her to a tent she was scared of it...now she heads off towards it well before I"m ready for bed, perhaps she will get this way with the hammock as well.

I usually have Tallula off the leash on all my trips, she is really good in that she stays within 40 yards of me while on the portage, doesn't chase after critters, and is really good at coming to me when I call her. I only put her on the leash if I know there are people around...which usually there aren't where I go.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456