I just got my ENO DoubleNest and haven't had time to test it in the backyard, though I did hang it in the garage for a little bit last night. This weekend I'm doing an overnight with my son and a few other folks (no hangers). I'm a complete noob when it comes to hammocks, so my question is, would I be able to share the hammock with him all night with any reasonable amount of comfort, or should I just go ahead and expect to sleep on the ground? I got in with him last night and I feel certain I could share it with him for at least a couple hours, but we were in it with no bags, pads, etc. Pertinent details:
- The temp is expected to be about 58 ° F with a small chance of rain that night.
- I'm six foot even, about 195 lbs, give or take a few slim jims.
- My son is five, about 43 inches, and weighs about forty pounds.
- He's also a restless sleeper.
- He currently sleeps every night in a little hammock I threw together out of an old bed sheet strung up on his bunk bed (which is how I convinced the wife to let me get a hammock).
- When sleeping on the ground, I use an Exped Synmat 7 DLX and Lafuma 20+ ° mummy bag.
After all that lengthy hemming and hawing, my question is this: If I basically say "we're going to at least try to sleep in the hammock" what do I need to be sure we're prepared to give it our best shot?