I did it....no going back now

Even though I have the Hennessey Hammock Expedition Asym I decided to go for the Warbonnet Blackbird. Came in the mail the other day, I intend to take it out tomorrow. Now I need to save up for the Superfly Tarp which I like the idea of having a larger tarps than the ones which came with the HH's. I would love to take the Blackbird out (with the Superbly) in some windy weather to see how it does. I was not too happy about the tarp which came with the Expedition when some cold mountain winds came up, I found myself feeling the breeze a bit too much.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    reflective foam
    Suspension
    Straps
    I have no experience with anything but the SuperFly. I've found it to be exceptional in any situation.

Just took an 9 day motorcycle ride where I camped 6 of the 8 nights that I was on the road. It worked in every situation. I spent a day/night in Kentucky and it started raining around 2 pm that day and never ended until I rode out of it in Georgia the next day. It poured and I never got one drop on me under the tarp although I had to tighten the lines several times that day to keep it from bowing in on me. I had to set it up in windy conditions so I never got to mess with it that day, but if it would have been set up like all the other nights that I used it, things would have been perfect that evening.

I didn't buy it for backpacking, I bought it for the many possibilities that it provided with motorcycle camping. If you pitch it low and close the doors, I'll bet that you will stop a lot of that cold breeze.

Excellent information jwallick - stay safe out there (cagers can be crazy)

• + New Posts