MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    HG Inc./Burrow
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I think DB has it. It worked really well for me in terms of holding the seam together for sewing, but that was it. It's important to note that I was using it on tulle, though, so there is less material there to actually hold the bond. For a tarp seam, I imagine this might be a good option just for a little added strength in addition to stitching and while I wouldn't consider it a sealed seam, it probably helps a little in that aspect too.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Must have missed this thread.

Stuff is useless in my experience. The shirt pockets on my dress shirts had a tendency to separate at the corner. I've tried Stitch Witchery a number of times and the 'bond' never lasted beyond a couple of washings. I gave-up and started buying better shirts.
    I've had similar experiences with stuff that I have done. _However_ I have since found out that Stitch Witchery is _very_ temperature sensitive. It requires just the right amount of heat to form the optimal bond. It will adhere at lower temps but the bond is not as strong as if the proper temperature is achieved. While better shirts are no doubt a better solution I've never seen pockets on commercial shirts put on with fusible tape which is the generic description for Stitch Witchery.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I"ll fess-up that I didn't read the instructions the first time; too macho for instructions.

However, the second and third time I did use my iron to heat things up. Maybe I never got it hot enough, dunno. Regardless, this was prior to my ascension to the dark side and the subsequent interest in thread injecting. Don't need any stitch witchery anymore.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I"ll fess-up that I didn't read the instructions the first time; too macho for instructions.

However, the second and third time I did use my iron to heat things up. Maybe I never got it hot enough, dunno. Regardless, this was prior to my ascension to the dark side and the subsequent interest in thread injecting. Don't need any stitch witchery anymore.
    To make myself clear... I prefer sewing to fusible tapes for almost anything. Fusible interfacing is nice on suit jacket lapels etc. But I don't do that stuff. I would be very tempted to use it for applying decorative trail patches and the like. Those can be tough to sew on sometimes. My point is simply that it may have a place in the gear makers arsenal.. as minimal as it might be. Like everything else it has to used correctly
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12