Hello helpful people -
following the recommendations in this forum, I ordered a WB BB, but I still need to add some kind of insulation. Since I have no experience with hammock camping (yet), I would like to hear the opinions of experienced hangers.
My question is: which insulation would you pick in my place?
The situation is a follows:
- I will be travelling for a longer time in different climates (moderate to tropical).
- I assume that I will be mostly in a 3-season-situation: at the moment I don't plan to sleep outdoors when it's excessively cold. Nontheless I would like my insulation system be able to deal with temperatures down to 0°C (32°F).
- I am limited by the fact that I have to carry everything with me - it would not make sense to have completely different systems for each climate.
- I expect to go to ground now and then, since there won't be hanging options in all regions.
- Of course the system should take up as little space as possible and be reasonably light.
- I intend to travel mostly by bike, but also do some hiking: weight is an issue, but not so much as if I would go hiking exclusively. I could select and take only parts of the complete equipment when hiking.
- I'm a (very) cold sleeper.
- I hate drafts.
I realize that the best solution would be to try out different systems, and then pick the one that works best for me. Unfortunately there is not sufficient time to do this. In addition I'm located in Europe, which means that I need to factor in the long(er) shipping times.
Your input is very much appreciated.