Hanging for a Week

I've just purchased a Clark 250 after using a Hennesy for just over a year. I'm absolutely in love. So much so, I'm planning on using the Clark all week at scout camp. But... I'm just a bit concerned because of the warnings on the bag, not to leave the tent out in the sun. I get it, oxidation, heating, solar radiation... Is a week too long? What do you guys think?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I think you'll be alright. A week isn't all that long. The main thing is to be sure to keep the tarp over it at all times. The tarp is the easiest, cheapest thing to replace if you have problems.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Granted View Post
    I've just purchased a Clark 250 after using a Hennesy for just over a year. I'm absolutely in love. So much so, I'm planning on using the Clark all week at scout camp. But... I'm just a bit concerned because of the warnings on the bag, not to leave the tent out in the sun. I get it, oxidation, heating, solar radiation... Is a week too long? What do you guys think?

"Is a week too long?" ...... Well, I did it last year and next week I'm fixing to do it again
    I did try to find a couple of trees that were a bit further in, rather than on the edge of the clearing so that I'd have more shade during the day. I carry my Guide Gear big tarp too for those just in case times. Just in case I need more shade or a changing room!! Last year I only used my hammock w/the Clark tarp though. The nice thing about a hammock at Summer Camp is that you can always move it the next day if you want to. Set up and take down is really fast so the scouts may not realize that you've moved until they try to find you in the middle of the night to let you know about the hu-mong-gus spider that's in their tent
    Have fun at summer camp and no, a week is not to long (if you can keep it positioned under trees & fairly shady during the day).
    TinaLouise

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to a week of good sleeping (when not dealing with home sickness or spiders).

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I assume the warning is for leaving a camping hammock hanging permanently/semi-permanently in the sun like you might do with a backyard rope/net hammock. If you are worried cover the hammock with a tarp as others have mentioned. You can also inspect your hammock. I would assume the color would fade before it failed due to UV rays.

• + New Posts