Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49
  1. #31
    Senior Member mtncmpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Hammock
    HH Expl ULA-2QZQ#2
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    Incubator&W.Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopieslings
    Posts
    444
    .

    “And in the category of Outdoor Films, the 2010 Academy Award for “Best Critter” goes to… The (Cigar Smokin') Crow!”

    .
    ...And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you.
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun... "TIME" by Pink Floyd

    www.linvillegorge.net -Ken's site

    www.heavens-above.com -(set your own "home" site)

  2. #32
    Member Snowbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Hammock
    Snipe
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow/Greylock3
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    60
    great stuff hawk-eye! I just placed an order for a Crowsnest a few days ago.... I might need to e-mail adam and ask if I can get some of this new camo!

  3. #33
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,108
    Hawk....watched it for the 3rd time today....this is one of your best ones yet buddy
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  4. #34
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    10,152
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mtncmpr View Post
    “And in the category of Outdoor Films, the 2010 Academy Award for “Best Critter” goes to… The (Cigar Smokin') Crow!”
    I'd like to think the Academy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbound View Post
    great stuff hawk-eye! I just placed an order for a Crowsnest a few days ago.... I might need to e-mail adam and ask if I can get some of this new camo!
    Just don't misplace it! Glad you like the foolishness!

    Quote Originally Posted by greenlespaul View Post
    Hawk....watched it for the 3rd time today....this is one of your best ones yet buddy
    Thank you pal ... that means a lot, glad you had fun with it. Especially since you had a "hand in the prop department"!

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

  5. #35
    Senior Member questtrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southeastern Michigan
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    840
    I would love to have some of that cloaking camo for my tarp and hammock!. Wouldn't that be nifty! ...
    Can't believe that crow .. that was to funny !!!!!! ... thanks so much for posting...
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

  6. #36
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    10,152
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by questtrek View Post
    I would love to have some of that cloaking camo for my tarp and hammock!. Wouldn't that be nifty! ...
    Can't believe that crow .. that was to funny !!!!!! ... thanks so much for posting...
    Glad you liked it ... and keep tuned ... he'll be back!

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

  7. #37
    Senior Member lazy river road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Posts
    3,342
    Images
    152
    Awesome Video Hawk-Eye, Really enjoyed, Some real good footage of a crows nest. It is a great underquilt, and I love mine as well. Very nice special edition though, like the xtra little touch.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

    Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

  8. #38
    Senior Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,666
    Images
    564
    great job Hawk-eye (and Stormcrow....)

    Making particular colors invisible is a higher end feature of video editors, something like Adobe After Effects. I thought you were using budget software. ?
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

  9. #39
    Running Feather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hendersonville, NC
    Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Posts
    2,398
    Images
    1

    Sweet

    Hawk-eye,

    Great video

    Made my morning

    I think the camera has taken a liking to you

    Props - ya' gotta love props. Where on Earth (?) did that crow come from? Is it ET like Adam?

    Looking forward to the sequel

    PS - I got a bunch of feathers from Stormcrow. If my stitching is a 10th as good I'll be happy.
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

    "If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

  10. #40
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    10,152
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Awesome Video Hawk-Eye, Really enjoyed, Some real good footage of a crows nest. It is a great underquilt, and I love mine as well. Very nice special edition though, like the xtra little touch.
    Thank you thank you ... yeah gotta love a special edition model!

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    great job Hawk-eye (and Stormcrow....)

    Making particular colors invisible is a higher end feature of video editors, something like Adobe After Effects. I thought you were using budget software. ?
    Thank you sire ... you'd be surprised what you can do with with the low end stuff! Still dreaming and drooling over Adobe After Effects! Some day ... some day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Running Feather View Post
    Hawk-eye,

    Great video

    Made my morning

    I think the camera has taken a liking to you

    Props - ya' gotta love props. Where on Earth (?) did that crow come from? Is it ET like Adam?

    Looking forward to the sequel

    PS - I got a bunch of feathers from Stormcrow. If my stitching is a 10th as good I'll be happy.
    Thanks RF ...high praise from my favorite Gorge Ninja!

    The old crow is an old puppet I've had around for years from back when the kids were little. Modified with a "breathing tube"

    He will be back in some capacity or other for sure!

    Feathers from SC are a good thing to have!

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 22:33
  2. ViDEO: The Backpacker Tough Guy Challenge....Hammock Edition
    By Shug in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 304
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 10:20
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 21:40
  4. Crowsnest UQ Video Review - Or Trying to Keep Stormcrow Busy.
    By babelfish5 in forum Bottom Insulation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 00:41
  5. Video: Review of the Crowsnest
    By G.L.P. in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 19:25

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •