After lots of thinking and reading in this forum (and elsewhere) I took the plunge and bought a Trek Light double for my first hammock. Last night I slept in it for the first time. I just tied it to my deck between it and a nearby tree. It has been pretty varied here for weather the last week, and even though the sky was clear and calm, I rigged up a diamond shaped 8x10 plastic tarp. After throwing in a CCF pad, I laid my Back Country Blanket over me and crashed. Temps got down probably to the mid 40's.

I slept kind of off and on. In fact, I remember waking up several times, not due to cold or discomfort, but thinking it was just...different. I finally put on a stocking cap when my ears got cold, and I tucked the bcb under me a bit more at one point as my shoulders got cool. After several wakings and worrys about getting enough sleep (gotta work tommorow!) I went inside and found out it was nearly 3am. I had been sleeping for 6 hours! That surprised me. I am heading into the Cascades this weekend and will see how it works there.

First impressions for me: the Trek Light is well made and light. I got the hanging cord package too, and first thing I did was remove the S connector from the hammock ends and replace them with the carabiners. Setup worked slick, with a multiple wrap around a 4"x4" deck post on one end and an 18" birch on the other. I think I will want a larger tarp, probably 10x12 tied rectangular. Also, I will take a second CCF pad to make sure my shoulders are protected.